OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the fish doing? What kind of food are you usually feeding?
Hi Krunk! The fish are fine... I'm just counting the days until I can put them back in the display. I feed frozen, and I prefer LRS brand. I generally rotate between Reef Frenzy, Herbivore Frenzy, and Mysis Shrimp. I keep them all in my freezer at once. I feed Julian Sprung's Sea Veggie sheets daily. I use Reef Roids or Reef Chili on occasion for the corals and I purchase copepods for my mandarin. I feed pellets on occasion to to keep the fish used to it. I want them to be able to eat it in an emergency if I run out of frozen food or if there is a pandemic and the world closes down or something. ;) I would make my own fish food if I could. I have purchased all the supplies, but I have never got around to actually doing it. Some call it laziness... I call it "getting to it later".

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our Randal.
DF420E84-6E3D-4ED3-AED6-345627D66F6D.jpeg
@Victoria M -- This is Snowdrift or "Drift" for short. She is a Snowflake L.G. My son isn't happy with me right now because my phone's flash went off due to our still basically sitting in the dark since we haven't opened our blinds yet. He wouldn't let me take a better photo because I startled Drift. He loves her. :)
Drift.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Rocket and Blaze (the clown twins) love, love, LOVE the African violet flower pot I put in the corner of the quarantine tank. I'm thinking of buying another one for the 210 to put in their corner so they can move in. Too tacky? I want my tank to look like something in nature, but it is really fun to watch them swim in and out of the holes all day long. I'm stuck in a quandary.
Clowns Flower Pot.jpg
Well, I took out the qt decor to clean up some of the hiding places. I noticed some brownish/orangish algae inside this pot and tried to scrape it out with my finger. That was when I realized that they were eggs. I quickly put it back in the tank. I'll need to find a place to set up one of my 20L or they will shortly be lunch. (If they hatch.) Now I need to decide if I want to keep raising these little guys or let them be a gourmet meal for my tank. I must have wiped out at least half of them with my "cleaning". I've read that once clowns get started, this is a continuous thing. Picture/video/crayon drawing forthcoming. I'll admit... I'm a bit excited.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so Cool! You gave em a place they liked little Marvin Gaye playing in background and bing! Excited to see how it goes
;Hilarious I read they they are expecting another baby boom do to so many folks being trapped indoors at the moment -- but I wasn't counting on this.
My family does watch "Guardians of the Galaxy" quite a bit in this house. This Marvin Gaye song is part of the soundtrack. The mystery is starting to make sense.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck with the clown eggs! I've been diligently awaiting my pair to finally pull the trigger. Would be so much fun to try and raise some clown babies!
My clowns came from my previous tank. I'm guessing they are about two years old now. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now “dweeb”...that is a word that I have not heard in sooo long it shows our age. It is going to be my new favorite word!
I decided to bring it back around (vintage) to become a new language trend -- sort of like bell bottoms, ripped denim, and aviator sunglasses. ;)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must say, took me way too long to come visit your build thread, and I might very glad I did. Great job, looking forward to reading more.

So happy for your clowns! I've had my onyx Picasso pair for 18 months now, but don't seem to be all that into each other. Hang out at opposite ends iDVD the tank most days. They had a few months early on where they were doing the ritual and making a nest, but it never turned into anything. I would love it if something happened

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the video and great having a voice to go with your posts now. Sound much better than my ramblings! I may have to hire you for voice over work on mine :)
You and I can start a talk show together. We can gab back and forth in a clever, witty banter and express a high-pitched false laugh whenever one of us pretends to say something funny. It will start out on YouTube, but NBC will offer us millions to sign on with them. Oh, I have plans. ;)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must say, took me way too long to come visit your build thread, and I might very glad I did. Great job, looking forward to reading more.

So happy for your clowns! I've had my onyx Picasso pair for 18 months now, but don't seem to be all that into each other. Hang out at opposite ends iDVD the tank most days. They had a few months early on where they were doing the ritual and making a nest, but it never turned into anything. I would love it if something happened
I'm glad you popped in! Now I'm going to need to stalk your build thread this afternoon. I saw the start of it and it looks like it will definitely be interesting. :)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you popped in! Now I'm going to need to stalk your build thread this afternoon. I saw the start of it and it looks like it will definitely be interesting. :)
LOl, thanks

I'm a biological scientist and I may have taken a too clinical approach to my cycle- I ended up with a chrysophytes algae problem that's took months to eradicate, probably due to it being too sterile and having free niches for colonization. I didn't have have the usual cycling uglies- was pristine white rocks for months then BAM- gross brown crud everywhere.

Coupled with getting pretty sick for a couple months, and having a baby, it's a bit behind where I hoped it would be at this point.

But I'm loving it and it's turning into a real centerpiece in the home for the children. I just have like 12 projects I need to nail before I considers it at a point where I can sit back and watch it grow

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back