OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dungeons and Dragons at the Stuempfl house today. Everyone got new books and T-shirts for Christmas so they have to show off their new D&D swag. I'm changing the tank water. The boys loved it when I cleaned out the protein skimmer. They think that anything that cleans poop and rot out of the tank is awesome. My son is embarrassed. Yep... I did my job as "Mom". :D

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dungeons and Dragons at the Stuempfl house today. Everyone got new books and T-shirts for Christmas so they have to show off their new D&D swag. I'm changing the tank water. The boys loved it when I cleaned out the protein skimmer. They think that anything that cleans poop and rot out of the tank is awesome. My son is embarrassed. Yep... I did my job as "Mom". :D
I call ur tunic skimmer and raise u a demonic aip!

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey hey Happy new year! Hope ya survived the thundering crash of D20’s rolling for crits. :p Yeah fish geek Star Wars geek rpg geek euro game geek here.Now where’s the 2020reef eye Candy?

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey hey Happy new year! Hope ya survived the thundering crash of D20’s rolling for crits. :p Yeah fish geek Star Wars geek rpg geek euro game geek here.Now where’s the 2020reef eye Candy?
Life has been super crazy. I've been working extra hours, kids, and life in general. Today I'm at work and missing my AZ Frag meeting. :( But it is also my son's birthday. :) Here is a shot of his birthday cake and my tank last night at the family celebration.
Jack 2020.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother and I have been saving for a trip with our spouses to Greece in September. Because of this, I haven't been updating my tank all that much because I'm saving for a trip to the Aegean Sea. My parents handed us checks the other day to pay for our trips. It looks like I can make improvements to my tank now. Thanks Mom and Dad! @Raege , you better get up to expert level on your Apex. I'm going to need info. ;)

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother and I have been saving for a trip with our spouses to Greece in September. Because of this, I haven't been updating my tank all that much because I'm saving for a trip to the Aegean Sea. My parents handed us checks the other day to pay for our trips. It looks like I can make improvements to my tank now. Thanks Mom and Dad! @Raege , you better get up to expert level on your Apex. I'm going to need info. ;)
The trip sounds awesome! The history and scenery of Greece make it a bucket list item for me. You take enough pics maybe I can cross it off and get a bigger tank :)
Working on my Apex badge best I can lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 1/4 cretian. Frangakis :) I went when I was 15. It's a whole nother world on the island. Enjoy! :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 1/4 cretian. Frangakis :) I went when I was 15. It's a whole nother world on the island. Enjoy! :)
I've been wanting to go for decades. When my husband and I were dating, he bought me a Greece travel guide. He said we would go together some day. Twenty years later, we are able to go. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was getting pretty worried about you. How is the family? How is the tank?
Family is good -- my boys are getting huge. My tank is healthy, but I moved some rock around and it seemed to upset a few corals. I'm going to be rearranging again this week, I believe, to make my aquatic tenants happier. I picked up some zoas/palys this week at our AZ Frag meeting. So far they are doing well.
BTW...Did I mention my oldest son is getting his masters in reading education?
Wonderful! Is he going into academics or elementary/secondary education? I'm sure you are a proud mom. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to an AZ Frag meeting on Saturday. We were lucky to go to a person's home instead of the usual restaurant. His tank is gorgeous and built into the wall. What I can't get out of my mind is his Moorish Idol. It may be one of the prettiest fish I have seen. It requires expert care and I'm not an OCD type aquarium owner, so I don't want to purchase something that may require more care than I can give it. But I've looked up the fish many times since Saturday. My tank is big enough and healthy, but I'm not a fastidious reef keeper. I'll be thinking about this for the next few months.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Family is good -- my boys are getting huge. My tank is healthy, but I moved some rock around and it seemed to upset a few corals. I'm going to be rearranging again this week, I believe, to make my aquatic tenants happier. I picked up some zoas/palys this week at our AZ Frag meeting. So far they are doing well.

Wonderful! Is he going into academics or elementary/secondary education? I'm sure you are a proud mom. :)
I am proud of him. Taking this on was a huge bummer for him, in his mind. He just wanted to graduate, get a job, and move out. But then he got offered a graduate assistant position with a working scholarship to get his masters in 1 year. He had to take it, ya know? And at the very beginning of this semester he fractured his L5 vertebra. He had to take about 8 academic days off. Such a set back. But he is over coming it. He graduates with his masters at 25 years old in May. Pretty awesome in my view.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am proud of him. Taking this on was a huge bummer for him, in his mind. He just wanted to graduate, get a job, and move out. But then he got offered a graduate assistant position with a working scholarship to get his masters in 1 year. He had to take it, ya know? And at the very beginning of this semester he fractured his L5 vertebra. He had to take about 8 academic days off. Such a set back. But he is over coming it. He graduates with his masters at 25 years old in May. Pretty awesome in my view.
He's doing great. I was 35 before I got my MLS. He is smart to get it over with. :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back