Too many bubbles in protein skimmer

Scaggs1117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
39
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubble magus qq1 that’s brand new. I’m aware it needs to break in but when I run it, there’s way too many bubbles. They go to the top of the cup and fill it up and also leak out a ton of micro bubbles. Am I doing something wrong with the priming? I thought when it breaks in there is barely any bubbles lol help please

aqueon 29 gal tank
 
My question is how to do that, I raise the collection cup up but it has to be to the point where the overflow tube is out of the skimmer and there’s a ton of micro bubbles leaking over into the tank
 
My question is how to do that, I raise the collection cup up but it has to be to the point where the overflow tube is out of the skimmer and there’s a ton of micro bubbles leaking over into the tank
edit… nvm I see it’s a hob skimmer… not sure on that one..
 
Ahhh that’s genius actually , you mean under the plumbing to raise the tube into the collector cup more?
 
edit… nvm I see it’s a hob skimmer… not sure on that one..
But I can actually take the plumbing out and raise it which would lift the pipe hogher into the collection cup which would mean less bubbles would escape, that could work actually
 
But I can actually take the plumbing out and raise it which would lift the pipe hogher into the collection cup which would mean less bubbles would escape, that could work actually
If that’s possible yes.. I’d have to see one but I could figure it out for sure… give it shot.. regular ones in the sump we just lift up on a little platform and it cures all that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new