Too many bubbles in protein skimmer

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubble magus qq1 that’s brand new. I’m aware it needs to break in but when I run it, there’s way too many bubbles. They go to the top of the cup and fill it up and also leak out a ton of micro bubbles. Am I doing something wrong with the priming? I thought when it breaks in there is barely any bubbles lol help please

aqueon 29 gal tank

OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is how to do that, I raise the collection cup up but it has to be to the point where the overflow tube is out of the skimmer and there’s a ton of micro bubbles leaking over into the tank

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is how to do that, I raise the collection cup up but it has to be to the point where the overflow tube is out of the skimmer and there’s a ton of micro bubbles leaking over into the tank
edit… nvm I see it’s a hob skimmer… not sure on that one..

OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh that’s genius actually , you mean under the plumbing to raise the tube into the collector cup more?

OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit… nvm I see it’s a hob skimmer… not sure on that one..
But I can actually take the plumbing out and raise it which would lift the pipe hogher into the collection cup which would mean less bubbles would escape, that could work actually

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I can actually take the plumbing out and raise it which would lift the pipe hogher into the collection cup which would mean less bubbles would escape, that could work actually
If that’s possible yes.. I’d have to see one but I could figure it out for sure… give it shot.. regular ones in the sump we just lift up on a little platform and it cures all that.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back