Too much BTA!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rivus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rivus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
89
Reaction score
70
Location
Blue Hill, Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BTA in my 24g nano is taking over the tank, beating the crap out of the other corals. It finally split yesterday, but instead of 2 smaller ones, like the one that split in my RS 45g, I now have 2 large ones!
I don't suppose there is an easier way to remove them other than disassembling the rocks. There is a Purple Stylophora growing into the rock that the BTA's are attached and I want to see how it grows.
BTA1.jpg
 
Give away or sell. BTAs grow faster than most people realize so eventually you’ll need to do something.
 
Obviously I made a bad choice putting it in the nano tank. In that small tank they grew big, in the larger tank they have stayed small, so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new