Too much flow?

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got mainly some newer sps in my tank atm. Some have opened up amazingly but the 3 that are finicky are the grafted digitatas. I got 3 frags of them 3 days ago all placed in different spots. One has lower flow and has opened up more, one has lower flow and has opened up more, and one is angled just off of the two powerheads and hasn't opene up as much. No flesh seems to be blowing off atm so should I just leave it here for a bit or move it to a lower flow area?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I got mainly some newer sps in my tank atm. Some have opened up amazingly but the 3 that are finicky are the grafted digitatas. I got 3 frags of them 3 days ago all placed in different spots. One has lower flow and has opened up more, one has lower flow and has opened up more, and one is angled just off of the two powerheads and hasn't opene up as much. No flesh seems to be blowing off atm so should I just leave it here for a bit or move it to a lower flow area?
What flow do you have? Size of tank, etc?

You don't want direct flow right up on the powerhead. If the Coral is across the tank and a powerhead is blowing on it that's not bad. Just don't want it up close hitting it.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What flow do you have? Size of tank, etc?

You don't want direct flow right up on the powerhead. If the Coral is across the tank and a powerhead is blowing on it that's not bad. Just don't want it up close hitting it.
Its angled 5in to the side
720gph in a 15g cube but I have a 3d printed piece to make the flow spread to the side more

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digis don’t have same light requirements as acros, so lower doing better seems right to me.
Medium, non direct flow fine.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back