Tools For Cutting PVC

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0c4fde691842fb463825278b1bb24a54.jpg

The best and only tool I will use for cutting pvc the Milwaukee pvc shear up to 2" like butter and super clean
Sweet cutter HOC , now this one is for steel or pvc ,
d9c590e67548883cc445bdecf5809905.jpg

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a generic device which I'm sure are all made in the same factory.....get what your hardware store sells. Maybe check what replacement blades they have and get the brand that has replacements available?

The squeeze cutter is one of the handiest, but it's only great on small diameter plumbing. Large diameter is MUCH harder to cut with it, and you need a special larger model to cut actual large PVC. So if you're cutting ≥1.25" PVC, I'd suggest one of the others options.
Dang squeeze cutter no good for 1.5” pvc? & what would you use to deburrr/ chamfer

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Milwaukee multi tool for me.
My other hobby is working on old cars, usually mine, so it's used often for sanding & cutting brackets etc. it's great for cutting PVC for plumbing on the tanks & frag racks etc

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ratchet cutters for 1.5” pvc. I bought one off Amazon and it works fine.

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of the Milwaukee shears, but my go to is always the mitre saw. If you are into antiques makita made a pvc saw in the 80’s that I use daily. Haven’t used a ratchet shears in 10 years, I don’t think I even have one anymore. The one handed sawzall works good too

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D

Did you also deburr/chamfer ? Trying to figure out if I should get the tool for that or. Not

Definitely a not! If your farther than me on the OCD scale and feel the need to do anything more than cut, as noted a piece of sandpaper will do the trick.

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When making a decision like this I always think what else could I use the tool for and can I easily store it.
I use a miter saw for sooooo many things it's an easy decision for me. If I were to do over, I might opt for a battery powered one That can tilt for multi angle cuts and slide for larger cuts... but that's not for everyone. I do a lot of home remodeling.

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When making a decision like this I always think what else could I use the tool for and can I easily store it.
I use a miter saw for sooooo many things it's an easy decision for me. If I were to do over, I might opt for a battery powered one That can tilt for multi angle cuts and slide for larger cuts... but that's not for everyone. I do a lot of home remodeling.
I was about to go with the miter box because of that but then realized it’s going to be so hard if I want to change my plumbing In the future

Back