Top Down Thursday

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My wife is cooking and I’m bored, so I took a little video of the Tenuis garden. Sorry for all the back ground cooking noise

Thanks for sharing, can't wait until mine start growing in. Looks awesome @Chaswood79

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning... Just Beautiful..... If Your Wife Cooks Like You Reef... I would weight a lot more then I do Now... Great Work...;)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just busting ur chops like u always busy mine
But seriously put some white in that puppy

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just busting ur chops like u always busy mine
But seriously put some white in that puppy
I knew you were bud.
But why would I want more white when they’re so colorful the way it is now? This is what they look like in person from the top down.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! What kind of fish was that? He's awesome too
I think you’re asking about one of my chalk basslets. They’re cool little fish and ferocious little eaters. They like to hide in the shadows but come out anytime I am looking at the tank.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re asking about one of my chalk basslets. They’re cool little fish and ferocious little eaters. They like to hide in the shadows but come out anytime I am looking at the tank.
Ah, the colors look great. I've always loved chalk bass. Do you find him to be aggressive at all?

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the colors look great. I've always loved chalk bass. Do you find him to be aggressive at all?
They’ve been well behaved so far and I have several of them, 2 assessor basslets, a royal gamma basslet and an orchid dotty back and they all stay out of each other’s way.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been well behaved so far and I have several of them, 2 assessor basslets, a royal gamma basslet and an orchid dotty back and they all stay out of each other’s way.
Ah, see I've had neon dottybacks who soured my taste. I know they're different species, but after how nasty they were to every single other fish or invert in my tank I'm afraid of basslets lol. It may be irrational, but it was bad enough to the point where I would have to seriously consider whether a fish or invert was able to defend itaelf against the dotty back and lost more than one fish to its savage attacks. He literally just killed for fun. He'd kill Crabs and shrimp, only to leave them to rot.

I'm glad to hear that chalk bass may be a bit more community oriented though.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, see I've had neon dottybacks who soured my taste. I know they're different species, but after how nasty they were to every single other fish or invert in my tank I'm afraid of basslets lol. It may be irrational, but it was bad enough to the point where I would have to seriously consider whether a fish or invert was able to defend itaelf against the dotty back and lost more than one fish to its savage attacks. He literally just killed for fun. He'd kill Crabs and shrimp, only to leave them to rot.

I'm glad to hear that chalk bass may be a bit more community oriented though.
Dotty backs are not basslets, I was just describing some of the other fish I have with them. I’ve never seen the chalk bass, assessors or royal gamma attack anything other frozen mysis. Now the only inverts I have are snails and hermit crabs, so I’m sure they would find certain shrimp worth investigating.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dotty backs are not basslets, I was just describing some of the other fish I have with them. I’ve never seen the chalk bass, assessors or royal gamma attack anything other frozen mysis. Now the only inverts I have are snails and hermit crabs, so I’m sure they would find certain shrimp worth investigating.
Okay, good to know. I did read somewhere that they were basslets and it stuck with me, but it must have been unreliable. In fact they look nothing like basslets, so I'm not sure why I haven't questioned it before.

But this is all good to know. I'll probably be getting one of my own at some point in the future.

Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, good to know. I did read somewhere that they were basslets and it stuck with me, but it must have been unreliable. In fact they look nothing like basslets, so I'm not sure why I haven't questioned it before.

But this is all good to know. I'll probably be getting one of my own at some point in the future.

Thanks for the tips!
No problem. Dottybacks are psuedochromis
Good luck

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back