Torch bleaching !!! Please help

Ericlane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I have a chance to save this realized my lights were to high finally lowered the whites please help thanks

EE60F2D4-536E-4B1F-B50D-D4423A257032.jpeg

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not touch it right now, if you do you will stress it more. It looks like you blasted it pretty good to make it expel the zooxenthelle. Keep the lighting as low as possible but don't starve anything else of light in the process.

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't directly feed any of mine and they do fine. You can try to feed it by turning off the pumps and misting it with some Reef roids or similar...

Durandal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't directly feed any of mine and they do fine. You can try to feed it by turning off the pumps and misting it with some Reef roids or similar...
'

I would feed meaty foods like mysis 2-3 times a week while its recovers from bleaching. If you go with the reef roids, try to get it to eat a paste. I have never seen a torch eat reef roids.

Durandal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I have a chance to save this realized my lights were to high finally lowered the whites please help thanks

EE60F2D4-536E-4B1F-B50D-D4423A257032.jpeg

what is that hole looking space in the center? is that it's mouth? If so it may be sick with a bacterial infection. My torch experienced local bleaching as well right before it opened one of it's two mouths wide and began to experience tissue loss in the region of bleaching.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the only coral in your reef? Drastically lowering your lights to save this coral my also make your other corals unhappy and in a result kill all your corals. If this is the only coral in your reef lowering your lights is fine. If not maybe try moving the torch down lower. I keep my euphyllia in indirect halide/t5 with weekly night time feeding and they do great. Any chance you know the par you were blasting it with?

OP
OP
E

Ericlane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it was super high tho running at about 80 perfect the rest of the corals doing great though

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back