Torch coral help

Phowingt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the world of reef tanks so I was going to stick to soft corals at first. I went to a frag swap 4 days ago just to “look” and my girl got me this single head purple torch coral that was really open and looked awesome but ever since we got it it hasn’t come out more than 1/4 of the way out even though the Duncan we got has been 100% open and looks great. From my knowledge my water parameters are perfect-
pH: 8.2 Phosphate: 0 Nitrate:10
Calcium: 460 Alk: 9.5
It also gets I would say low-medium flow because it makes them sway back and forth.
These pictures are from the lights only being on about 30 minutes with my blues turned off so that I could take pictures so it is closed more than normal which I know happens at night.
3634CAC6-7981-4441-90BF-88E77587DC8D.jpeg
5EE8CDC3-C342-40B0-9F8A-E0C3B695912E.jpeg
B80FF42E-00EA-46F3-8410-7FD272F611CB.jpeg
30F7DE81-5206-47E3-BD3B-BB127C1C33C8.jpeg

Sorry about such a long post but I’ve read through probably 50 posts and just wanted to cover everything.
 
My torch coral took almost a week to acclimate to my tank and open up fully. I’d give it time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new