Torch Coral Not Opening

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this torch has been in my tank for about 3 days, it's not opened further than this? I have had torches open fully the same day before. I didn't acclimated it as the sg was exact, they went in, and were slowly introduced to the light over the rest of the day.

I also bought a cristata which is around the same size, from the same place. Sooo, my guess is they run high all and they're just slowly getting used to my 8.0.

Anyone else have any tips? They were dipped for about 2 minutes, In a heavy solution, I know that flatworms can make them do this, but they were open on the photos and there wasn't any flatworm looking things in the dip afterwards

20210513_185701.jpg 20210513_185643.jpg

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah? That's promising then, it would be shame to loose it
Give it some time and tlc...it may just be adjusting to the lighting. If it doesn’t open up fully the lighting may be too bright in that area. Be sure it gets good flow also. It’s gorgeous!!! Looks like an indo gold?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looked bad for a months, then just went crazy.
They hate to be moved. Stick it out.
Both of these were a plug a year ago.
I do keep MG between 1400-1450ppm, they seemed to like that and no one else seemed to care.
339F01C0-3A02-4DD5-A960-1710B7813144.jpeg

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip also and they do get pretty upset after a dip. If it helps ease your mind I’ve actually broken torches removing them from the plugs and after a couple of months they’ve heal. Lol Talk about ugly crying!!!! They aren’t cheap.

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it some time and tlc...it may just be adjusting to the lighting. If it doesn’t open up fully the lighting may be too bright in that area. Be sure it gets good flow also. It’s gorgeous!!! Looks like an indo gold?
It's looking alot better over weekend still quite small compared to the size of it's head, I believe it was sold as a "24k" but all high end torches in the UK are about the same price apart from Holy Grails. It gets good flow and in regards to the light being too much making them retract, how would I test par as one of my Holy Grails isn't a large as it has been and I'm not sure if it's disgruntled or just waging war with the Anemone that doesn't want to move

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow in your system? I have had torches retract because they are getting too much flow, but as soon as they are moved to a lower flow area then they completely expand. As long as they are not completely closed then they should slowly extend themselves

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow in your system? I have had torches retract because they are getting too much flow, but as soon as they are moved to a lower flow area then they completely expand. As long as they are not completely closed then they should slowly extend themselves
It's really a softie tank, there's no SPS. I have a maxspect gyre 330, that pulses at about 20% every 6-8 seconds, it's 36 x 24 x 24 so the flow could probably be better

Back