Torch coral spawning?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have torch spawn in their tank?

I have this little guy popping up, you can see the other torch in the background. I don't know if it was from spawning it a piece of tissue dislodge and is now growing from this spot.

PXL_20201218_205105574.MP.jpg

What does everyone else think?

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Looks like a spawn! Nice job, do you have lunar settings on your light by chance? I ask because a member of my local club had one spawn recently and the timing lined up with the lunar cycle, and they run lunar on their lights.

Another reefing friend of mine has also experienced a polyp that bailed out and settled in the rock and grew, have you noticed any polyps bail out?

OP
OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a spawn! Nice job, do you have lunar settings on your light by chance? I ask because a member of my local club had one spawn recently and the timing lined up with the lunar cycle, and they run lunar on their lights.

Another reefing friend of mine has also experienced a polyp that bailed out and settled in the rock and grew, have you noticed any polyps bail out?
Haven't had any polyp bailout that I noticed.

No lunar lights, but that part of the tank gets direct sunlight through a skylight so I would imagine it gets moonlight as well.

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Okay, if it spawned then it may do it again. The person I know who had one spawn was able to notice little eggs moving out from the base. They started near the skeleton but under the flesh and then worked to the end of the tips and out into the tank. They had it spawn recently and are trying to raise the wee babies, it looks like yours survived and is growing!

You may want to look around the tank to see if there are others that might just be growing slower.

So cool to see. Thanks for sharing

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back