Torch coral Warfare or Suicide?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pelagikos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pelagikos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
225
Reaction score
216
Location
Gloucester County
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just started a new skimmer for the 1st time in 7 months and today my very healthy Until now torch seems to be spewing black. I also started dosing no pox is this something that I should be concerned about? Is it just excrement?

20220423_184545.jpg 20220423_184601.jpg
 
Hey guys just started a new skimmer for the 1st time in 7 months and today my very healthy Until now torch seems to be spewing black. I also started dosing no pox is this something that I should be concerned about? Is it just excrement?

20220423_184545.jpg 20220423_184601.jpg
A good poop or its expelling Zooxanthellae
 
Hey guys just started a new skimmer for the 1st time in 7 months and today my very healthy Until now torch seems to be spewing black. I also started dosing no pox is this something that I should be concerned about? Is it just excrement?

20220423_184545.jpg 20220423_184601.jpg
Either way, it's not "warfare".
 
Had a torch dealer tell me that it was warfare… I've never heard of a torch to doing it that way but I wasn't sure.
 
Had a torch dealer tell me that it was warfare… I've never heard of a torch to doing it that way but I wasn't sure.
Your dealer either didn't understand what the torch was actually doing or he doesn't know a lot about coral, which could be a problem...
 
Had a torch dealer tell me that it was warfare… I've never heard of a torch to doing it that way but I wasn't sure.
They will send out longer tentacles thats the warfare tentacles. This definitely is not whats going on
 
I hope it's poo!!!
Absolutely. I've seen corals take a long enjoyable dump and I thought it was zoox. I would go with great big dump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new