Torch Flesh Issue - Jagged recession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mas0n
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mas0n

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2023
Messages
399
Reaction score
603
Location
NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

I've noticed some weird tissue recession on a couple of my torches recently, pics below. The strange thing is, this is pretty much the healthiest they've looked with awesome extension. I did recently find some flatworms on a coral that is isolated to a frag rack, dipped it, scraped eggs, and dipped again. Haven't seen any flatworms since, I also have a yellow coris wrasse to help with any residual worms. I also have a little emerald crab that hangs around the torches frequently, but I've read it would be very unlikely that they would attack flesh. I might try to catch him soon though...

Parameters:
Temp 79f
Salinity 35ppt
pH 7.8-8.1
Alk 8.3~ +- .1
Nitrate 25
Phosphate .2

Now:
IMG_5052.jpeg
IMG_5051.jpeg

Note how jagged the flesh band is, as it bits are being taken out of it? I've had recession in the past with Dinos, but it was consistent shrinking of the whole fleshband.

Before:
IMG_6531.jpg

Smooth fleshband!


Not all of my torches are doing this, just a couple of them. The others have no recession, and again look great.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks yall!
 
I'm not a torch expert by any means, but I have one torch, a bunch of hammers, and an octospawn, and those polyps look okay to me. As the polyps grow and split, the flesh moves up with it. Someone with more experience might have additional info that I'm missing. I even have horribly low PO4 and NO3 levels and mine are still doing fine.

What are your CA and MG levels?
 
I'm not a torch expert by any means, but I have one torch, a bunch of hammers, and an octospawn, and those polyps look okay to me. As the polyps grow and split, the flesh moves up with it. Someone with more experience might have additional info that I'm missing. I even have horribly low PO4 and NO3 levels and mine are still doing fine.

What are your CA and MG levels?
Thanks for taking a look, they are still doing okay and not receding past where they are. Maybe its just splitting or something.

CA is 420, MG is 1455.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new