Torch head splitting but no skeleton?

dnielsen77

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
PNW
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

I’ve noticed my torch seems to be splitting but not growing a new skeleton. It’s been getting worse over the last couple of weeks. The “head” still opens up nice and big but I don’t know what I should do to it. I think it’s going to fall off in the next week or so. Here are some pictures right before my lights came on this morning. Thanks for the help!

IMG_6898.jpeg IMG_6897.jpeg
 
Torches just pinch and the skeleton slowly splits, it wont grow new skeleton just use what's already there. They branch out then get thicker and split again. your torch looks fine imo!
Thanks for the info. I’m worried because that piece looks like it’s just dangling there and about to break off. I assume that means it would just float around the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new