Torch Id help please. Seller dispute.

vdubers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Messages
182
Reaction score
72
Location
cornwall
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I please get some help with the id of this torch. I received the frag today and the seller is adamant that it’s a ny Knicks however it looks exactly the same as my indo gold (at the top) of the comparison photo. I appreciate it’s still settling in but doesn’t look like a ny kicks to me. He is arguing it’s just the lighting. Thanks

View attachment 4197252
 
It is always hard to tell, also not sure how long it has been in your tank, they do tank some time to acclimate and destress from being moved / shipping.

That said, your two pics look extremely similar right now.

One of the characteristics of the knicks is a green mouth... if the new torch does not have that, I'd be highly suspect.

@VintageReefer - thoughts?
 
It is always hard to tell, also not sure how long it has been in your tank, they do tank some time to acclimate and destress from being moved / shipping.

That said, your two pics look extremely similar right now.

One of the characteristics of the knicks is a green mouth... if the new torch does not have that, I'd be highly suspect.

@VintageReefer - thoughts?
Thanks for your reply. Sorry but I accidentally did multiple posts. The other one has more of a discussion but I agree I thought it was meant to have a green mouth. Sadly it doesn’t. The frag has only been in a day but I’ve had the colony for over a year now. Hoping the frag might change a bit once it settles but I agree right now they look very similar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new