Torch not doing well. Any ideas?

Can you get a clearer pic under white lights?

Also, no flesh band on the coral is not a good sign. If that is a flatworm, could be part of the issue.
20251020_190723_38E80A00-1156-47AB-8B71-213A5288222D.png
It has moved round, so defo a flat worm. I have Seachem Coral dip so the torch will have a bath shortly .
 
20251020_191030_10D708D9-10F2-4F8C-8BDB-84641C97C43F.png it’s moved/moving
 
Wow. Seems huge – can't you just pick it off without disturbing the coral (even more)?
 

I have given the coral a dip. Glad I did as there were more than 1!
The risk you have now is spread of pests from the new torches to your other coral. Unless the new coral was very expensive I would just throw them out. If you plan to keep them you should plan to dip every week for 6-8 weeks straight.

If you don’t have any wrasse, you should consider adding some since they are great at keeping some pest population down.
 
Update, coral has had two dips. 1st dip release two large flatworms, no eggs could be seen. 5 days later(yesterday) another dip included the green torch in the second dip to be prudent. I think you will agree there is definite improvement :)
20251026_102054_76CB9C1B-D76A-4524-AC03-4B20988AC62B.png

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new