Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of food do you feed them
And you feed them twice aweek

16031689219204210231492288159831.jpg 16031690088858751679195702416438.jpg
Since my tank only have LPS and softies, i feed them with Aquaforest LPS food and Reefserve mysis. I feed once a week one day before i do water change.

As I mentioned earlier, I think you should not only focus on NO3 numbers. I strongly suggest you get a full water testing as the problem might be due to other elements.

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you want to stock aside torches. I placed mine on top of the rock work as I have no plans on SPS. I just tuned the light intensity to suit the torch placement in my tank.
This is the answer to your question. ^

It’s not about where to put in the tank (for the most part). It is more about par, flow, and other inhabitants. I would say shoot for 100-200 par on average for most torches. This can obviously vary from specimen to specimen but the lower end would be a good starting point.

Keep the flow moderate. Meaning the torch should have a slow flowing movement in the water. If there is not enough flow, detritus will build up in it and it will die unless corrected. Too much flow will likely result in polyp bailout or the flesh being cut on the skeleton and ultimately dying from a multitude of things.

Other things to consider would be to make sure to not place it within range of other corals unless you have the ability to move them down the road. Torches are pretty slow growers so you will have plenty of warning time. You can generally keep them with other torches without having to worry about them stinging each other. I have read/heard of them not bothering other Euphyllia but this is a chance you will have to be willing to take. There is no guarantee it won’t sting other Euphyllia. Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the answer to your question. ^

It’s not about where to put in the tank (for the most part). It is more about par, flow, and other inhabitants. I would say shoot for 100-200 par on average for most torches. This can obviously vary from specimen to specimen but the lower end would be a good starting point.

Keep the flow moderate. Meaning the torch should have a slow flowing movement in the water. If there is not enough flow, detritus will build up in it and it will die unless corrected. Too much flow will likely result in polyp bailout or the flesh being cut on the skeleton and ultimately dying from a multitude of things.

Other things to consider would be don’t place it within rang of other corals unless you have the ability to move them down the road. Torches are pretty slow growers so you will have plenty of warning time. You can generally keep them with other torches without having to worry about them stinging each other. I have read/heard of them not bothering other Euphyllia but this is a chance you will have to be willing to take. There is no guarantee it won’t sting other Euphyllia. Hope this is helpful.

Thank you for all this inputs not only the torches arcos also dieing not all of them some have died since I got this new corals

CoreyBG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch.. that hurts. I have 0 experience on SPS, I cant comment much but in my LFS SPS tank, the nitrate is around 10ppm. Here is the photos i took from my LFS SPS tank (sorry for bad quality photo taken without lenses, the lights are too blue). I think beside NO3, there must be some other element that causes your SPS to bleach and die (i'm not too sure though).

thumbnail_IMG_3949.jpg
Any swings in Alk will cause SPS to bleach. Gotta keep all parameters stable.

Back