Torch Recessing Advice

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a torch coral for about 6 mo. This weekend I noticed one of the heads isn’t opening up. The one head has been recessed for the past 2 days. My other coral is doing fine. My water parameters are all good except phosphates which are on the high side. Also - I‘ve been dosing Vibrant 1x / 2 weeks for minor Cyano. I’ve turned my flow down to see if that help with the torch. Any thoughts???
FB0CC37C-5A6B-4C14-AEF3-F789C908529B.jpeg

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine recessed a lot when I didn't acclimate him to the light intensity in my nem tank. Could be due to the light. However the head recessed looks like a goner already. :(

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a torch coral for about 6 mo. This weekend I noticed one of the heads isn’t opening up. The one head has been recessed for the past 2 days. My other coral is doing fine. My water parameters are all good except phosphates which are on the high side. Also - I‘ve been dosing Vibrant 1x / 2 weeks for minor Cyano. I’ve turned my flow down to see if that help with the torch. Any thoughts???
FB0CC37C-5A6B-4C14-AEF3-F789C908529B.jpeg
Sounds like a single head issue. IMO that’s due to its location/placement. Could’ve had a high PAR lighting spot or flow that bothered it. To me the other torches look fantastic so it looks like an isolated incident. Looks like it bailed, I’d look around the tank for a torch head. Unless it turned into brown jelly in which it was irritated/exposed somewhere and caught an infection.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little high but many people have success still in the 0.10-0.20 range. In my system I have problems if it gets above 0.15. I’ve had a single head die off randomly before and the rest be fine, I’ve also had times when one head died and the rest died the following few days.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back