Torch removal from putty

driciladr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this hellfire locally as a small head, and I’m not sure where to begin getting it removed from this putty base. I’ve had it about a month.

IMG_7800.jpeg
IMG_7806.jpeg

OP
OP
driciladr

driciladr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can’t just pull it out, you can always just cut the stalk right above the putty with a dremel or band saw if you have one.
The gap of visible stalk is smaller than width of my fingers, I've been worried about touching it too much to try and pull it out myself or cutting it with so little wiggle room to not hurt flesh. Maybe i can hold it with pliers.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to remove it? The base will probably get covered with coraline and should be easy to hide. It gives you flexibility to relocate the coral if you need to before it gets too large.

OP
OP
driciladr

driciladr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to remove it? The base will probably get covered with coraline and should be easy to hide. It gives you flexibility to relocate the coral if you need to before it gets too large.
mainly that the square base on bottom is so square I can't get it to sit into my rockwork, it's very holey.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mainly that the square base on bottom is so square I can't get it to sit into my rockwork, it's very holey.
I’d think it you wiggle it back and forth it would pull right out.. if you don’t wanna mess with it just put some putty on the bottom of the plug and stick it any where you want.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back