Torch Splitting or peeling?

Lin0826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this torch mid last year as one head, and slowly growing, the tissue at base receding just happened two day ago wondering is it not happy or splitting? All other torch in the tank has no sign of receding.
F1381827-1D70-4E0F-A650-A5236383F6D7.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That torch is Definitely splitting. It looks like the flesh is starting to recede up toward the pinch. So long as flesh around the entire thing doesn't start moving up, I would not be worried.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sure sign of splitting. Do not disturb it after split is complete and allow it to heal on its own.

OP
OP
Lin0826

Lin0826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That torch is Definitely splitting. It looks like the flesh is starting to recede up toward the pinch. So long as flesh around the entire thing doesn't start moving up, I would not be worried.
thx, just wanna make sure cuz I’ve never saw the process of torch splitting.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty cool to watch. It may have some weird looking days ahead. Totally normal. I usually ask myself if that torch head is dying at least once during the splitting process on every torch when they look all sorts of wrong.

Imyourhuckleberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my hg is sorta doing the same, see the video attached
It's pretty cool to watch. It may have some weird looking days ahead. Totally normal. I usually ask myself if that torch head is dying at least once during the splitting process on every torch when they look all sorts of wrong.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious... Since spring is now in full swing here in Central California, and there are now 2 other cases of "torch splitting" listed here in this thread, is this a seasonal thing? IDK that my tank would experience a seasonal change other than the amount of ambient light from the room it sits in. My lights are set on a typical schedule that would be normal in a tropical area.

My own "Blue-Tip" torch has apparently split in the last week or so. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this happening due to my limited time to view my tank during the normal work week. This morning, I did notice however, that my torch now has 2 definite separate heads that I do not recall ever seeing before.

IMG_0508.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious... Since spring is now in full swing here in Central California, and there are now 2 other cases of "torch splitting" listed here in this thread, is this a seasonal thing? IDK that my tank would experience a seasonal change other than the amount of ambient light from the room it sits in. My lights are set on a typical schedule that would be normal in a tropical area.

My own "Blue-Tip" torch has apparently split in the last week or so. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this happening due to my limited time to view my tank during the normal work week. This morning, I did notice however, that my torch now has 2 definite separate heads that I do not recall ever seeing before.

IMG_0508.jpg
If you get enough torches, one is always at least somewhere in the process.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back