Torches and Frogspawn Compatibility

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always best to separate corals with tentacles
They develop over time attack tentacles that can sting corals up to 12 “ inches away.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m late to this thread but I’ve had frogspawn kill a torch before . Personally I give plenty of space between all euphylia

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Long term, torches are evil which is why LFS can get away with it for a week or so while they’re in the store. Hammers can hold hands and not care, octospawn and frogspawn can occasionally touch each other and hammers without issue but don’t have them like inside each other like you can do with hammers. Here’s my euphyllia garden for reference.
488F904A-9B58-4C44-ABCE-6F6758C11AE1.jpeg

see how the hammers are able to be basically right inside of each other? I call this ‘ holding hands’ but the octospawn is separated because it’s not a hammer. It gets brushed occasionally but it’s happy they are compatible, just not to the degree that hammers are.
38B3F9FE-5E85-4B21-90FC-7750565F7CC7.jpeg
Here’s a couple of my torches, notice how they are far from each other and how the hulk torch killed the small green slimer frag. They are also separate from my other euphyllia, this is because they’re beautiful but evil. Torches don’t do very well with any other corals touching them all the time. It’s best to keep them separated
Can you put two different kinds of torches close to one another?

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had them like that for a little while now they are in the sand so if I do have to separate I can. But they are always fully opened and all flowing into each other.
It didn’t fully retract, but looked like it didn’t appreciate a close neighbor, so….
But, I have a Frammer that recently had a GBT anemone snuggle with it seems to resist the torch pretty well. I’m not sure if the torch hasn’t targeted it, or the anemone made it tuff. Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back