Torches dying!

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the video sure looks like brown jelly to me.

Yes. It does
Most likely from poor water quality

I think op should take the chemipure out

Do 20 percent water changes once a week
Make sure to blow rocks and siphon 1/4 of sand bed every week

Try that for a month or 2 and see if that works

Also I prefer liquid gfo remover. To me it’s easier to dose liquid then gfo. Gfo strips the water too fast imo

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested ammonia levels as you said you pulled the tank apart to remove the fish. Disturbing the sand bed could have caused a spike in levels. Also a spike in phos can have a negative effect. I would also raise your alk to 8. Most important i have found is stability other than chasing numbers. I would suggest a few water changes. Unfortunately its part of the hobby :-(

OP
OP
O

Ojv81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested ammonia levels as you said you pulled the tank apart to remove the fish. Disturbing the sand bed could have caused a spike in levels. Also a spike in phos can have a negative effect. I would also raise your alk to 8. Most important i have found is stability other than chasing numbers. I would suggest a few water changes. Unfortunately its part of the hobby :-(
Haven’t tested ammonia yet. Will need to pick up a kit for that one.

OP
OP
O

Ojv81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. It does
Most likely from poor water quality

I think op should take the chemipure out

Do 20 percent water changes once a week
Make sure to blow rocks and siphon 1/4 of sand bed every week

Try that for a month or 2 and see if that works

Also I prefer liquid gfo remover. To me it’s easier to dose liquid then gfo. Gfo strips the water too fast imo
My wife did a water change when it was first suggested. I’ll do another in 24-48 hours.
We will remove the chemipure too.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer regular carbon.
Normally put like 1/2 of recommendations and change ever month

That’s all you should need If any. But that’s my opinion many people use chrmipure

CoralBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this happening to me a while ago. I found out that one of my aiptasia eating file fish actually enjoyed LPS and softies, caught him munching on a Grand Master Krak zoanthid. $600+ meal, he is no longer in between us.

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently had a lot of unexplained death and an icp test showed tin and zinc. Given the cost of what you lost, it might be worth sending one in.

I do agree with the others, your alk is probably low and your nutrients are probably high, but I don't think either is off enough to be your only problem.

Back