Torches.. is it a birth mark or ...?

realz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I these blue spots near the mouth of one of my torches. Any idea or did I receive her like this?
WechatIMG885.jpeg

WechatIMG886.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no its like a blue birth mark on the torch. are we looking at the same picture?
Can you take another picture with the white lights on? I've never heard of a hammer or torch coral with blue spots, and the spots you're describing and what were seeing in the picture look like flatworms.
WechatIMG886.jpeg

SuperHaze57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used coral RX and dipped according to the directions. I had to dip my Aussie torch and my pink tip torch three times over a month period of time. The flat worms almost killed them both. It took the Aussie a month and a half to recover from them. The pink tip is still slowly extending more. Probably another three weeks it will be back to normal. They (flatworms) loved the torches but didn’t bother the hammers. I dipped them all to make sure they were all clear. If it is indeed flatworms you’ll want as I said above deal with them ASAP. They multiply quickly! It doesn’t hurt to dip. Better safe then sorry. I always dip every coral I buy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
realz

realz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't move, they literally look like birth marks or a tattoo. It does seem to have spread though... (I THINK... maybe)

WechatIMG892.jpeg

WechatIMG895.jpeg

WechatIMG897.jpeg

WechatIMG900.jpeg

WechatIMG905.jpeg

WechatIMG906.jpeg

OP
OP
realz

realz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean wouldnt they have thickness to it? it really looks like a birthmark , thats the closest way to describe it. I have coral RX, but then I would need to remove the torch which is glued directly onto the rock. Thus, I would like to be 10000% certain.

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They kinda look like they are moving if you look at the location of them on the torch from the different photos taken. I guess it could be because of different angles but they seem to be higher and lower on some of the arms.

Back