Torn fin

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow watchman goby and up till today he has been good, he’s been with me for a long time and I was confused today because I notice one of his fins had been torn. I don’t know what could have happened. I did add a price of rock to my scape today but he should have had morn than enough time to swim away. I don’t think it aggression from his tank mates because it’s just him and my clown fish. Will the price of fin grow back or is it stuck like that. He swims fine and is eating so is there anything to be concerned about? I did my best with the picture. It’s not like his whole fin is Broken but it’s like a piece is missing. Does this call for antibiotics? I have no experience with antibiotics so I’m hoping that this is something that can heal on it own

image.jpg

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow watchman goby and up till today he has been good, he’s been with me for a long time and I was confused today because I notice one of his fins had been torn. I don’t know what could have happened. I did add a price of rock to my scape today but he should have had morn than enough time to swim away. I don’t think it aggression from his tank mates because it’s just him and my clown fish. Will the price of fin grow back or is it stuck like that. He swims fine and is eating so is there anything to be concerned about? I did my best with the picture. It’s not like his whole fin is Broken but it’s like a piece is missing. Does this call for antibiotics? I have no experience with antibiotics so I’m hoping that this is something that can heal on it own

image.jpg
I would not give him antibiotics for torn fin. He probably just needs good food and stability. Keep an eye on him, but he should be fine. Can't see the tear, so unsure how long it may take to heal and/or if he may have a scar. Recommend just monitoring.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back