Torn torch flesh band question

924er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

First time ordering a coral online. Got this torch I placed into my tank today but during the process I managed to drop it on the floor like an idiot which ended up tearing a bit of the flesh band. I was on my lunch break so i wasnt able to dip it in iodine. Came back home 5 hours later and the torch looks ok with polyps extended however im concerned about the damaged fleshband and the skeleton exposed. My options are to leave it alone and let it heal up, or throw the kitchen sink at it with some dips. Its only a day old so im sure its also recovering from shipping. I

also wanted to add that the flesh band on all the torches I got from this vendor didnt have a nice flesh band to begin with but that could be from shipping stress.

image0.jpeg

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you never diped the coral in any thing when you got it? If not. Then you can do your regular dipping schedule on the coral if you like. Most of the time it's best to leave alone once you get it situated to heal, but if it seems stressed then dipping may help. Also may have some nuisance critter on it too.

Torches sometimes have those clear nudi's on them that you can't see or the clear snail looking things that will pester them if from wild. Dips will dislodge them. Sometimes takes 2 dipping. ID they have them it will usually prevent torch from stretching out tentacles.

OP
OP
924er

924er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you never diped the coral in any thing when you got it? If not. Then you can do your regular dipping schedule on the coral if you like. Most of the time it's best to leave alone once you get it situated to heal, but if it seems stressed then dipping may help. Also may have some nuisance critter on it too.

Torches sometimes have those clear nudi's on them that you can't see or the clear snail looking things that will pester them if from wild. Dips will dislodge them. Sometimes takes 2 dipping. ID they have them it will usually prevent torch from stretching out tentacles.

It was dipped in coral RX, then i dropped it which ripped the fresh band. The torch looks ok but I can see the skeleton. I guess ill just let it heal and not mess with i

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah let it heal. If it shows signs of stress then dip again

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back