!!!TOTAL PHOTOGRAPHIC TRANSPARANCY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This popped up as an updated article, so I read it again. This time I noticed that you drop the highlights channel by 100. I tried that and WOW, what a difference that makes. Until now I've been hesitant to mess with much beyond the WB, exposure, and sometimes the tone curve. Dropping hightlights improves most of my coral shots considerably.
Yea that's the first thing I do in every photo. Highlights are always hiding a lot of the contrast of the coral.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, when you mentioned you pull luminosity down on the tips to help if they are washed out. How exactly are you doing this to only affect the tips?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, when you mentioned you pull luminosity down on the tips to help if they are washed out. How exactly are you doing this to only affect the tips?

Hi there,

I think it will really only affect certain colors well. And depends on the quality of the pic as well. Best example i can give is my PC superman. In my old original pic the tips looked white. Very faded blue, but adjusting the only the blue luminosity level just a little fixed it almost perfectly.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I struggle with lightroom and looking for tuition so still shooting in jpeg I have what I think is the same fresh wild colony which in my tank do not hold colours anything like being fresh imports , I can use similar settings using the edit function in my pc sometimes I get acceptable results but looking to use lightroom .
DSC_7412 blue tip 2.jpg

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals
I've seen a few corals now where you are taking pictures under heavy blues. Totally love seeing the differences vs white lighting.

Can you share the process for editing those pics? I think it would be super helpful since that's what most people are working against at home.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Battlecorals
I've seen a few corals now where you are taking pictures under heavy blues. Totally love seeing the differences vs white lighting.

Can you share the process for editing those pics? I think it would be super helpful since that's what most people are working against at home.

Would love to hear what you’re doing with these new blue pics.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Would love to hear what you’re doing with these new blue pics.

Well, thing is I’ve come to realize that there is a fine line between total transparency and what I’d call, revealing tricks of the trade to my competition. Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back