Total refurbished 3 x 250w Metal Halide and PC fixture

Tampaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So from 10 years ago I had the Odyssea version of the 72" Coralife Pro, 3 x 250w HQI DE Metal Halides and 4 x 96w Power compact actentincs. Many years of use and sitting, didnt due this fixture any favors. So i found a real 72" Coralife Pro 2 months ago, with intentions of stripping the MH ballast and the plexiglass stips that cover the pc's. Turns out it had 150w halides...so i ended up ordering 3 Hamilton 250w 14k DE Halides, 4 true actentinc 96w power compacts, 3 brand new HQI electric ballast. I then compared the odyssea PC ballast compared to the Coralife ones (which were never used btw) and decided to strip those out too and rid myself of yet another fire hazard the odyssea light keeps proving itself to have. In the meantime, i just gutted the old light and usec all new wiring with tiedowns from the coralife. Also added high flow muffin fans rhat turn on id temp goes too high.

Overall, great look with the halides, unbeatable in my opinion. It looks like the sun shining on a reef, truly. They dont make low profile, preassembled fixtures with high intensity discharge lamps anymore....now i need to get it powder coated...ideas?

I know its alot of rock, but i can always take some out. Dual gyres are going vertically in the back corners, has a large flourishing fuge, any suggestions before coarls or which to start with?

Id love yo test PAR but dont know if any store in Tampa has one?

Thanks!
20200112_193533.jpg
20200112_193825.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back