Toys For Kids 2018: A Home For Children

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check junk mail. Since the email might have come from gofundme, not reef2reef, it's more likely to get flagged.

Gmail is usually pretty good at not throwing legit email in junk because they allow domain verification, but AOL is bad, yahoo is horrid, and anything Microsoft (outlook, live, msn, hotmail, q, etc) are the absolute worst. Cable companies (comcast, mediacom, etc) are huge spammer targets and they usually have mechanisms in place to eliminate spam...so if you're not using a freebie account, you're on your own there...

With almost all of the freebie email services, you have to go to your webmail account through a browser in order to view the junk/spam folders.

Also: if you're using your iPhone's default email program to check any Microsoft email, there is a known bug that will likely never be addressed by either side by where an email might show up in your account if you log in via a browser, but that email won't show up in your phone inbox. No idea why it does this but there are 2 work-arounds:

1) if you use the default iPhone mail app, delete your MS account and then set it up again - but when you go to add an account and it presents you with the standard options (gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc) do not select the Outlook one. I know it's easier, but that's where but bug happens. Instead set it up as "other" and then you have to know the POP and SMTP addresses, etc...but emails that show up in your inbox via browser will now show up in your iPhone mail app

2) use the Outlook app

3) don't use an iPhone (I'm throwing that out there for the Android fans lol...I'm in an all-Apple family myself)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check junk mail. Since the email might have come from gofundme, not reef2reef, it's more likely to get flagged.

Gmail is usually pretty good at not throwing legit email in junk because they allow domain verification, but AOL is bad, yahoo is horrid, and anything Microsoft (outlook, live, msn, hotmail, q, etc) are the absolute worst. Cable companies (comcast, mediacom, etc) are huge spammer targets and they usually have mechanisms in place to eliminate spam...so if you're not using a freebie account, you're on your own there...

With almost all of the freebie email services, you have to go to your webmail account through a browser in order to view the junk/spam folders.

Also: if you're using your iPhone's default email program to check any Microsoft email, there is a known bug that will likely never be addressed by either side by where an email might show up in your account if you log in via a browser, but that email won't show up in your phone inbox. No idea why it does this but there are 2 work-arounds:

1) if you use the default iPhone mail app, delete your MS account and then set it up again - but when you go to add an account and it presents you with the standard options (gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc) do not select the Outlook one. I know it's easier, but that's where but bug happens. Instead set it up as "other" and then you have to know the POP and SMTP addresses, etc...but emails that show up in your inbox via browser will now show up in your iPhone mail app

2) use the Outlook app

3) don't use an iPhone (I'm throwing that out there for the Android fans lol...I'm in an all-Apple family myself)

Good advice.

I check my outlook daily in all locations but nothing from R2R nor GoFundMe and use the iPhone X.

I'm sure it will come out in the wash. :)

***EDIT I humbly stand corrected @Floyd R Turbo ...I went back and restored my deleted messages from yesterday as you suggested and sure as can be a big old email from the boss @revhtree thanking me for the GoFundMe and emailed tickets.

Big shout out of thanks @Floyd R Turbo!

Last edited:

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nor did I.

I was wrong.

I did, my error.

7rQojA.gif

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't take credit for that piece of advice...so did you inadvertently delete it?

It was in my ton of junk mail and GoFundMe (donate to different folks there) and R2R messages never go to junk so I deleted as usual.

When I saw your post I retrieved all my old junk mail and focused on Wednesday and Thursday's mail and there it was. Stood right out. I'm still confused about why it was sent there because, with regular sites I attend, the messages do not go to junk.

So if you hadn't been adamant about checking, I probably would not have. So you do get credit from me, my friend. :)

Edit: a bit off topic but I see you're in Iowa. I have relatives in Oskaloosa and fly to Des Moines if I don't drive up there to see them. Y'all have great food! Maid-Rites and the tenderloin sandwiches. Best food and its all I eat when I visit. We don't have those in Carolina.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that huge donation the camera couldn't handle it and disintegrated;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back