Trace elements and sps

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Ok so I have a mixed reef. Everytime I put sps in my tank within a week they go downhill. Par is 200-350 on these parts. I can put anywhere and it'll be the same outcome. I have my flow and everything else good. Lps doing great and all. I think it's something hidden so I'm going to do ICP test. My last test for my last tank I did see I had low to none iodine and I had the same issue in my last tank even with all parameters and flow being good. Will this be an issue for sps. They start to lose flesh and don't do well within days like I said this is only a sps issue nothing else. This goes from the hardier Montis to everything else even birds nest.
PXL_20221228_222348346.jpg
PXL_20221228_222403999.jpg
I don’t think I seen this question.

How mature is the tank?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that an ICP test is a fine thing to do, but many coral issues have nothing apparently to do with inorganic ion chemistry (at least directly).

pasquale petrovia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that an ICP test is a fine thing to do, but many coral issues have nothing apparently to do with inorganic ion chemistry (at least directly).
Randy. I haven’t ever had an ICP test done on my tank. I run calcium reactor on my 225 gallon sps only tank and need to dose a 1/4 cup of baking soda weekly to keep alk between 7-7.5. I have noticed the red on my splice mother and frags is fading and the green is vibrant. Growth of all corals is noticeable and they seem happy . Pc rainbow more orange than red and Greg’s daredevil is green shade of red Should I do one ICP to check potassium or other elements. For 2 years plus have I been lucky with every 2 months 25% water change and weekly iodine and occasional kalk reactor on 30 gallon weekly RO make up.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy. I haven’t ever had an ICP test done on my tank. I run calcium reactor on my 225 gallon sps only tank and need to dose a 1/4 cup of baking soda weekly to keep alk between 7-7.5. I have noticed the red on my splice mother and frags is fading and the green is vibrant. Growth of all corals is noticeable and they seem happy . Pc rainbow more orange than red and Greg’s daredevil is green shade of red Should I do one ICP to check potassium or other elements. For 2 years plus have I been lucky with every 2 months 25% water change and weekly iodine and occasional kalk reactor on 30 gallon weekly RO make up.
We need to talk lol

pasquale petrovia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need to talk lol
I run low tech. Calcium reactor. Feed heavy. Full speed gyres , protein skimmer, and ATI power modules. I only test Ca, Mag,Alk weekly and they have been growing like weeds

Attachments

• 4004A774-A360-474F-B73B-71D13DDA5811.jpeg
    4004A774-A360-474F-B73B-71D13DDA5811.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 28

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back