Trachy Showing Skeleton...

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please!

Noticed this morning that my trachy is showing bits of its skeleton. I'll attach a picture but it's awful, I'm rushing out the door for church. I'll get something better later but wanna know you guys think.

Salinity 1.026
Temp 78
Alk 7.8
Nitrates .2 ish
Phophates are reading 0 but I have some algae so I'm assuming I have some
Ammonia is 0

Tank has been running in its current state for about a year, it was running for 1.5 years before that and I moved, but just re-set up everything I had.

I haven't seen anything pick at it. I feed it every once in a while but not all the time.

IMG_9324.jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a real suspect area of skeleton....
Do you have any angels or crabs?

If it were receeding it would be doing it all around the base and rim. But that thing is nice and fat.
I think something helped itself to a piece :(

Your parameters you posted are in range. Low nutrients wouldnt cause damage like that IMHO.

OP
OP
JonoB

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I have one red hermit but I haven’t seen it anywhere close to it, doesn’t mean he hasn’t done anything though.

no angels, just two clowns and a fairy wrasse. No shrimp or anything else.

OP
OP
JonoB

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a real suspect area of skeleton....
Do you have any angels or crabs?

If it were receeding it would be doing it all around the base and rim. But that thing is nice and fat.
I think something helped itself to a piece :(

Your parameters you posted are in range. Low nutrients wouldnt cause damage like that IMHO.

Well...I think you are correct.

I just caught my daggum female clown dive bombing thing Trachy and biting it. WHYYYY. WHY NOW. The clown just laid eggs, maybe its a territorial thing??? Any advice on what to do about it? I moved the coral do a different area of the tank hoping that would help.

Back