Trachyphyllia Or Wellsophyllia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tdoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tdoan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
49
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this from my LFS, he said it was a Wellso, is there a difference between a Trachyphyllia Or Wellsophyllia? It is at least 6” and not the best picture.

1BE03756-E0AE-4B2F-B9F0-481242EE2B17.jpeg
 
Yes. There is a difference. If you Google images of both, you can see the distinct difference.
Yours is indeed a Welsophelia
 
I am sorry I do t see the difference in the google pictures.

57FE9395-3AB7-49E5-BB13-3665D7C4AAA5.png 12ABDB35-3BAB-42F3-A88C-B322DFB44C05.png
 
If there’s a difference,I don’t see it.
Many years ago, Wellso was used to describe a specific growth pattern, AND, to charge a higher price than the Trachy cause it was a Wellso.

This ended more than a decade ago now and everything falls under trachies now........

C757F511-A45D-49FF-BA1A-48D53C8C4C5A.jpeg
 
Like Uncle99 stated some consider them all Trachies. But for those of use who love welso's over trachies, I would call yours a Trachie. In the picture below,
WELSO 2-21-18.jpg
the top right LPS is a Trachie, the bottom center is what I call a welso. To me it comes down to the amount of folds.
 
I would classify this as a trachy all day
 
Welsophyllia and Trachyphyllia are synonymous, and have both been lumped to the Tracyphyllia genus, at least as of last I looked into it.
Good day, and God bless!
 
I just got this from my LFS, he said it was a Wellso, is there a difference between a Trachyphyllia Or Wellsophyllia? It is at least 6” and not the best picture.

1BE03756-E0AE-4B2F-B9F0-481242EE2B17.jpeg
Wellsophyllia radiata and Trachyphyllia radiata were both thought to be separate species in two separate genera. However, they have been reclassified as both being the same species, Trachyphyllia geoffroyi.
Reference: https://www.boodleshireaquatics.com...ata,the same species, Trachyphyllia geoffroyi.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new