Trachyphyllia (Wellso) flesh receding

miloreif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I just bought a trachyphyllia yesterday and it’s been about 24 hours since I put it in my tank. All my parameters are normal and many LPS corals in my tank are doing well. Except for the trachyphyllia. I know it takes time for corals to adjust but the flesh is falling off the bone and it’s getting worse by the hour. I acclimated the coral and dipped the coral as I do normally with all my corals and the torches that came with it are doing just fine. What, if anything, can I do to save it? Is it out of my control? Just a bad apple? Pics below.

IMG_1180.jpeg IMG_1181.jpeg image.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try raising it out of the sand bed (more for future reference). A lot of people place these inside a 1/2"-1" PVC disc that they've cut from PVC tubing.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could offer useful advise but the only advice I can offer is to smell it. When it starts to stink it's over. I've had them do well for a few years then poof, tissue recesion and death. Tried different dips, relocation but nothing seems to really help once they start to go. I have 3 seperate tank so it's not just one system that fails keeping them.
I know many people keep them successfully and and even get them healed. I used to but no longer am able to. I wish you luck.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back