• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

trading warning

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i sent a package to tash6921 of some corals for led ligths clown fish and i didnt recieve anything and he blocked my number from getting threw.i also called fedex and theres nothing coming to my house.

Frenchie87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received some emails from him. I looked at some of his old post and he has posted 3 different phone numbers and listed the radions as new to me and then used to someone else. I can't figure out how to report it. He only had 7 post at that time so I don't know how he's on the trading forum to begin with. Hate to hear about this though.

Frenchie87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to lie. I was close to working out a deal with him. But I called the number I couldn't understand the voicemail so I have up and he tried to call back with 2 different numbers so I was done.

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he paid for shipping i wonder if hes using someone else credit card and rakim mason is probly not his real name

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i thought he was legit cause he had a plus 1 on feedback score

That member just joined, created another account and left positive feed back for themselves. I'm looking into this further to see what's going on.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sad really sad.
Maybe someone can figure out who he is... Trace route to his ip address which can lead to his isp. The isp will keep records of who was on that ip at a certain time and call the cops on him for mail fraud which is a federal offense. The forum should have a log of his ip and what times he logged on.

Actually you have his address if you sent him something, just call the cops on him..

Last edited:

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i sent a package to tash6921 of some corals for led ligths clown fish and i didnt recieve anything and he blocked my number from getting threw.i also called fedex and theres nothing coming to my house.

Man that blows. Should have traded them bloodshots too me. Jk. Sorry to hear that. Really wish people were more honest.

jservedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 it is pretty clear mail fraud (as long as it was inter-state). Definitely get the IP address from the admins and check to make sure the IP address is a US IP (like not using Tor). Also, save that address - using a drop house for coral would be tough, so he may have given you a real address tied to him (such as work address, parents, friends, etc.).

Go down to your local police station and talk to them. Bring his name, address, IP, list of items you shipped, who the carrier was, etc. Bring everything you have. They will get you in touch with the proper federal authorities to deal with this. There may be more than mail fraud if the credit card was stolen too.

I would NOT let him get away with it. Besides just screwing you out of corals, he may have stolen someone's identity. You could be the only link they have to get their name cleared.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sucks, sorry man. Stories like this is why I would never do long distance trading. Has to be face to face.

Frenchie87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sucks, sorry man. Stories like this is why I would never do long distance trading. Has to be face to face.

I've done alot of trading on here and some for hundreds of dollars worth of corals. All witg no issues so far.It's all just in good faith that you will get your stuff. Just because of this one ****** shouldn't stop you from working out trades. There's tons of honest people on here

mr_bigl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to trade also. Once I saw he had 9 post I started having a bad feeling. I hope u get it straightened out.

Sent from Da Bolt!

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawyer weighing in here. Go to your local police station. If you let this go he will keep victimizing people on different screen names. Everyone should be grateful to you for putting an end to this when he gets a stint in jail.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have also warned this member that I will release all the info I have on them if they don't come back and make this right.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pm me if you need his email.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also warned this member that I will release all the info I have on them if they don't come back and make this right.

This is why I love this site! Rev, you are the man! Not just automatically taking any one side and giving the chance to make it right. Not saying that I think this guy will take that opportunity but you are generous enough to let him make that choice.

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawyer weighing in here. Go to your local police station. If you let this go he will keep victimizing people on different screen names. Everyone should be
grateful to you for putting an end to this when he gets a stint in jail.
Tomorrow I'll be going to the police with all the info I have

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i appreciate everyone's thoughts.i was trying not to stress to much yesterday .cause what this guy did yesterday wasn't the worst news i recieved .yesterday my doctor called and let me know the reason why my blood pressure was high.i have a slightly enlarged heart so im trying to handle this without to much stress.but i want to make sure this guy is not using someone else identity.as far as the corals i lost.ill just regrow no money came out of my pocket .and 80% of the corals i have ive gotten on trades i wont let this deter me from trading with others on reef2reef in the future i just have to be smarter and do more research on the person im trading with.i do want to give thanks to FRAGJUNKY.for helping with packaging and shipping the corals.since it was my first time shipping.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back