• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

trading warning

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this site and support like this from owner and staff really give me confidence in future dealings
yea ill never stop coming to reef2reef other than fragjunky and ninja from coral kingdom reef2reef is the place to be able to learn and meet people with the same interest.

rich850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have definitely been wary of trading long distance however I made a deal recently with someone and everything went great.

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all should be proactive when trading. Ask the peeps u trade with to give feedback. Give others feedback. This way there are references. Also just do a lil research with who u are trading with. Look at their posts etc. And remember if it seems fishy and too good to be true...... Well yeah

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somthing like this happened to me not that long ago. I bought an mp 40 for my tank to replace my small power-heads. I realized that this was way to much flow and I wanted to trade down. The mp40 had 1 day of running time. It was in perfect condition. I posted a trade for my mp40 for someone's mp10 and 50$. Within a week I got a reply, we worked out a deal and I shipped it to him and waited for my end of the deal. 2 weeks later still nothing, I gave him a call and my number was blocked. He deleted his email and I had no way of contacting him. I was 14 at the time. I'm 15 now. The only way I get money is from mowing grasses, cutting fire wood, and out door jobs. It took me months of hard work to save up for the power head and the guy knew that, I'm saving up for another pump right now. All I have on my 55 reef right now is a small korolla. Every thing in my tank is paid for by me and I take pride in earning my own money and supporting my tank. I've never done a trade other than locally since then.

Last edited:

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real low-life to take advantage of a hard working young guy. I'd like to track him down myself.

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real low-life to take advantage of a hard working young guy. I'd like to track him down myself.

I know Ohio Reefer, this kid does work his butt off. Im talking cutting grass, cutting down trees, doing everything on his own to support his addiction...LOL... and someone does this to him. When he text me and told me about this I was super ticked.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that he has been arrested does he have to pay some restitution to you?

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somthing like this happened to me not that long ago. I bought an mp 40 for my tank to replace my small power-heads. I realized that this was way to much flow and I wanted to trade down. The mp40 had 1 day of running time. It was in perfect condition. I posted a trade for my mp40 for someone's mp10 and 50$. Within a week I got a reply, we worked out a deal and I shipped it to him and waited for my end of the deal. 2 weeks later still nothing, I gave him a call and my number was blocked. He deleted his email and I had no way of contacting him. I was 14 at the time. I'm 15 now. The only way I get money is from mowing grasses, cutting fire wood, and out door jobs. It took me months of hard work to save up for the power head and the guy knew that, I'm saving up for another pump right now. All I have on my 55 reef right now is a small korolla. Every thing in my tank is paid for by me and I take pride in earning my own money and supporting my tank. I've never done a trade other than locally since then.
that sucks.but its good to hear you work hard for something you love.karma eventually catches up to those garbage people.

reefingnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear that, but I thought he was in jail already for something unrelated! Or was it a while ago that he pulled a number on you guys?

50g cadlights artisan cube with Vertex Illumina LED

BristlePad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this guy got me for just about every acro i owned for what he said was going to be 6 radion gen 3s. I had about $2500 worth of coral i paid shipping and then he stopped answering the phone. I apologize i just took it as a loss and moved on thinking the FBI wouldnt care about my case enough to work on it. This is now at a grand theft level. I feel like I am partially to blame for the rest of you getting ripped.

He told me he was a cop and took a picture with my name on a piece of paper next to 6 radion gen 3s. Probably just some of his stock that he has coagulated from his criminal activities. Can anyone confirm that Moneytime something something is his real email? Also I still have the address he gave me to ship to which obviously was in Newark.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back