• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

trading warning

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that blows. Should have traded them bloodshots too me. Jk. Sorry to hear that. Really wish people were more honest.
he didnt get any of my bloodshots.ill keep you in mind when i grow them out if you dont get them before that

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a bad feeling that this guy has more than one user name. he also knew alot about reefing when i talked to him on the phone.

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm me if you need his email.
im still waiting for that email i reported the issue with the local police they said they couldnt do anything but pointed me in the right direction i ended up talking to the FBI on the phone and also filled out a fraud statement on the web site and gave them all the info i had that email can be a boost to the investigation

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wonder if it is ok to post his address so if someone is asked to ship him something they know who it is or someone here might live near him or knows him.

andijo81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can empathize and sympathize. Stuff like this makes me rethink wanting to trade stuff. When I first got into the hobby I was ripped off by a well known reefer con artist. People had put warnings out there about his company, however he didn't mention he had a company. I bought a brand new BashSea BlueDemon Skimmer from him for $150. He told me prior to driving an hour and 45 minutes that it had a cracked collection cup. I asked if it was repairable and functional, he said most assuredly yes. When I got there, we chatted and I told him I was a disabled USMC and OIF veteran. He gave me the equipment w/ no collection cup. I asked him where it was and he said "Madison, in storage" He convinced me that he'd mail it to me along w/ a brand new one. He said that he was dear friends w/ Steve Bashea and a partner of the BashSea company. At this point I'd made the drive and bought what he said... and the skimmer:( This guy was slick as KY! I had no real idea about equipment and was just trying to surprise my boyfriend w/ the skimmer. He emailed me several times saying the parts were in route. About 2 weeks after, I see a post on Craigslist w/ his picture and full name saying DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS GUY, SKAMMER! I'd had a feeling but this confirmed it. I emailed him asking what the deal was and told him I'd give him the benefit of doubt which he said he appreciated very much. I'm sleeved out w/ tattoos and quite frequently I'm denied the benefit of doubt. I'm pretty liberal giving it due to that, but it was at my detriment this time. He never got back to me and disappeared. Turns out it was missing more then the cup. I had to contact Steve himself. He said he wasn't affiliated w/ the guy and the part I was missing could only be purchased thru him. He was amazed it could even be missing. So, $90 later I've got the right parts plus t-shirt (Thanks Steve:)) Problem is, the skimmer is too much for my 40b w/ ETSS 24g sump and not enough for my 120g w/ 30g sump/refugium & 45g frag tank. I felt like the biggest idiot! What bothered me the most is that this ***** knew I was a disabled vet, Hell, the S.O.B. shook my hand and thanked me for my service:mad: Soooo, long story short, post his address! If I'd had the right info beforehand it would've saved me 3hrs 15min driving, $60 in gas (I had a Titan) $240 for the skimmer, heartache and heartburn. I still have the skimmer, haha. Save others the same fate if you can. The "I Got Screwed Club" does not need any new members.

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if it is ok to post his address so if someone is asked to ship him something they know who it is or someone here might live near him or knows him.
well this is the adress he gave me 192 badger ave newark new jersey 07108 the number he gave me is 803 842 4413 i believe his real name might be kevin cropper i found him on youtube and on ebay.the fake name he gave me is rakim mason

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can empathize and sympathize. Stuff like this makes me rethink wanting to trade stuff. When I first got into the hobby I was ripped off by a well known reefer con artist. People had put warnings out there about his company, however he didn't mention he had a company. I bought a brand new BashSea BlueDemon Skimmer from him for $150. He told me prior to driving an hour and 45 minutes that it had a cracked collection cup. I asked if it was repairable and functional, he said most assuredly yes. When I got there, we chatted and I told him I was a disabled USMC and OIF veteran. He gave me the equipment w/ no collection cup. I asked him where it was and he said "Madison, in storage" He convinced me that he'd mail it to me along w/ a brand new one. He said that he was dear friends w/ Steve Bashea and a partner of the BashSea company. At this point I'd made the drive and bought what he said... and the skimmer:( This guy was slick as KY! I had no real idea about equipment and was just trying to surprise my boyfriend w/ the skimmer. He emailed me several times saying the parts were in route. About 2 weeks after, I see a post on Craigslist w/ his picture and full name saying DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS GUY, SKAMMER! I'd had a feeling but this confirmed it. I emailed him asking what the deal was and told him I'd give him the benefit of doubt which he said he appreciated very much. I'm sleeved out w/ tattoos and quite frequently I'm denied the benefit of doubt. I'm pretty liberal giving it due to that, but it was at my detriment this time. He never got back to me and disappeared. Turns out it was missing more then the cup. I had to contact Steve himself. He said he wasn't affiliated w/ the guy and the part I was missing could only be purchased thru him. He was amazed it could even be missing. So, $90 later I've got the right parts plus t-shirt (Thanks Steve:)) Problem is, the skimmer is too much for my 40b w/ ETSS 24g sump and not enough for my 120g w/ 30g sump/refugium & 45g frag tank. I felt like the biggest idiot! What bothered me the most is that this ***** knew I was a disabled vet, Hell, the S.O.B. shook my hand and thanked me for my service:mad: Soooo, long story short, post his address! If I'd had the right info beforehand it would've saved me 3hrs 15min driving, $60 in gas (I had a Titan) $240 for the skimmer, heartache and heartburn. I still have the skimmer, haha. Save others the same fate if you can. The "I Got Screwed Club" does not need any new members.
so far ive done what i could. lesson learned wont do that again next time ill put more investigation into the person im dealing with.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that much information you could use a few databases etc to get all of the information you need about the guy. The hacker term is doxing, all you need is a phone number and email address.

OP
OP
saliva911

saliva911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that much information you could use a few databases etc to get all of the information you need about the guy. The hacker term is doxing, all you need is a phone number and email address.
kevin cropper arrested 7/24/2013 dont know for what but at least hes off the street.

Exstayce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a loser that Kevin Cooper. His picture says it all. Sorry to hear that happened to you! He'll get what he deserves.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your troubles. He give a Newark address but has a South Carolina phone number. My dad is a private investigator here in jersey and this stuff happens all the time especially in the Newark area. Hopefully you get all this resolved. It's a shame that people will take advantage or walk all over someone for their own benefit.

arnoldtatts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this is a awsome thread to remind creeps that try to steal from innocent reefers. Don't F with us! Lol

arnoldtatts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this site and support like this from owner and staff really give me confidence in future dealings

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back