Transferring Zoas to new tank - algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter zromano
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zromano

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Have a few questions relating to transferring some zoas to my new tank - RSR 250 from a Biocube 32g.

I have one rock that is large and ideally I wouldn’t bring it to my new tank as it doesn’t fit my aquascape. I had some briopsys issues and hair algae issues in the last tank (as well as what I believe are Dino’s) and don’t want to risk transferring them to the new tank.

What’s the best methodology for transferring these corals? Should I just get some bone cutters and cut up the rock? Should I move the whole rock even though it will look terrible? How do I deal with the algae risk? There isn’t a ton of algae left on these and I think the risk is low, I’m just a little concerned.
 
Chisel off the corals u want and dip them in a h2o2 dip for the algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new