Transit Shock recovery...

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of this as a...visual log of bta after 50 hours in transit via "NextDay Air", from CA to Ontario Canada to Sw Arkansas (thanks much ups)

Water was cool, not enough for the bag to fog/or show condensation when acclimating temps.

BTA-1 Fresh out of the box
BTA-2 Approx 20 min later during acclimation
BTA-3 Approx 5 hours later (it's expanded by 25% or more at this point)

bta1-jpg.jpg bta2.jpg bta3.jpg

OP
OP
Roadkillstewie

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...what happened?
Ups had a 'sortation error', got put in the wrong bin and got transferred the complete opposite direction it needed to go...ending up in Mount Hope, which had temps in the low 30's. Took approx 14-15 hours before it was routed back.

Some...interesting oddities, 1/2 hour after the import scan in mount hope, a weather 'exception notice' issued from Kentucky. 4pm ish the same day, an exception noticed that my delivery location did not "qualify" for "nextday air" and that they changed the service... noted at that point it was changed to "WorldWide Saver". In a later discourse with the hub in Texarkana, they stated the...waybill looked like the it had been sent from Canada.

I'm using an acclimation box in the tank right now to see if it recovers or kicks the bucket. The first pic, in the first post...it was roughly the size of a quarter and it had expanded close to the size of a 1/2 dollar when the lights went out.

Right now, it's compressed a fair amount...maybe 1/4 the height it had swelled to last night...diameter has reduced some, but not to the degree it was on arrival and it appears to have..attached to the bottom of the bag, where it was loose in the bag.

Last edited:

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. BTAs are also bullet-proof, so assuming you were shipping a healthy specimen, it should pull through. Give it a couple of weeks to acclimate.

OP
OP
Roadkillstewie

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. BTAs are also bullet-proof, so assuming you were shipping a healthy specimen, it should pull through. Give it a couple of weeks to acclimate.
Created the thread as a visual log to maintain for a week or so for myself and others to see as it 'reacts' and attempts to adjust to the environment.

...as such, we're about 24 hours from deboxing. Small/kind of deflated looking, mouth is expanded somewhat, but close and not gaping open. It's moved from the bottom to the back & side wall of the acclimation box and about 1/2 way up.

Attachments

• bta5-jpg.jpg
    bta5-jpg.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Roadkillstewie

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few days, compliments of life... (work and all that jazz)
also messed up, had failed to save my light profile...and reverted to the original and I'm deciding if i want to redo it or not. Anyways, we're 6 days from unboxing and looking a fair bit better compared to day 1.

BTA7-jpg.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back