Transplant from another website

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

New to R2R, really like what you guys appear to have going on over here. Definitely nice to be on a more modernized website :p.

Little about me. I've been reefing for a couple of years now and my area of expertize lies mostly on the Anemone/Clown side of the house. I also love the DIY side of the house and I have done my own DIY lights, metal stand, sump...etc. I own a few color sticks I just picked up not too long ago and a few of the more common softies, but Nems and Clowns are my joy in this hobby.

Currently have 2 tanks running, 1 125GL w/ 75G custom sump and a 28G Biocube. The 125G has 3 H.Mags which take turns hosting the pair of spawning Picasso clowns that live there. The Cube has a 4th H. Mag which is hosting a pair of Black Ice. So now what you guys really want, a few pictures.

62iOvP9.png

z06Fec6.png

NX9hxLW.png

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! great looking pics!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I wouldn't say I'm an anemone expert, as that would imply I knew it all :p. I would consider my knowledge on them above-average :D Like any reefer my tanks have their ups and downs. I'm currently battling some GHA that started shortly after adding an additional 30lbs of rock to the display. I just finished recovering from a batch of IO that mixed up at 880ppm Mg....Couldn't figure out why my largest efflo turned white over night and all the rest of my sticks looked extremely pail, along with Nems showing extremely skinny tentacles...turns out nothing liked a tank Mg of 1040ppm. So basically all the normal, being a reefer problems. I used to, Sunday: test my water then do a water change then repeat the following week. I now test my WC water, then test my water, then do a water change then repeat the following week along with mid week testing on Wednesday.

In the meantime, here's a pic of a few more inhabitants right around some of the new rock.

qRoUQ9d.png

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! I would love to see a build thread!! Great pic!! :)

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm late to kickoff welcoming party:p... Welcome to R2R!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back