Transshipping survival rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter redacted_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

redacted_

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Messages
185
Reaction score
93
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to place an order directly from Indonesia and I'm curious if anybody had any experience.

The guy in Indonesia told me theres a 60% DOA rate through certain shippers, but the shipper told me it was 10%. However, I have a feeling the guy in Indo was trying to get me to use another shipper he works with to subsidize their order
 
In the early 2010’s I directly imported corals from Bali with a friend. We sold corals and fish to locals and retailers in Florida. Stuff was nearly always in good condition, with minimal DOA. I can’t help much with who shipped but the Bali side of the business did a good job. I think the difficulty of the business is receiving, storage, and sale.

Here is a shipment:
IMG_1553.png
 
In the early 2010’s I directly imported corals from Bali with a friend. We sold corals and fish to locals and retailers in Florida. Stuff was nearly always in good condition, with minimal DOA. I can’t help much with who shipped but the Bali side of the business did a good job. I think the difficulty of the business is receiving, storage, and sale.

Here is a shipment:
IMG_1553.png
Thanks for sharing, I'm a little more wary of this guy now since the 60% DOA number he gave sounds very high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new