Traveling with coral tips

  • Thread starter Thread starter gkprevite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gkprevite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2024
Messages
346
Reaction score
343
Location
jersey shore
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone. Tomorrow I’ll be going to Reefapalooza ny!! Very excited and even more excited for my daughter to see everything. However it is going to be 100 degrees and was slightly concerned with keeping corals at a reasonable temp coming home. Any tips would be appreciated
 
I planned a cooler. Do you think any cool packs or things like that are necessary. Am I overthinking this 🤣. The only time they’ll be outside is on the way to the car
 
I planned a cooler. Do you think any cool packs or things like that are necessary. Am I overthinking this 🤣. The only time they’ll be outside is on the way to the car
I guess a lot will depend on how long you're travelling for. But realistically if you're inside 99% of the time it's going to be cooler than your tank and a few minutes outside isn't going to do anything.

Corals are a lot hardier than we give them credit for.
 
If it makes you feel better, I transported GSP that was exposed to the air for 6 hours in the car in the middle of winter and it looked better then ever when it was back in the water
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new