Treasure Corals

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, been reefing for quite some time. I've documented my builds for Pragmatic Reef, Practical Reef and have enjoyed been a part of a vibrant marine community here in Toronto, Canada.

I strongly believe that in addition to Acropora Eating Flatworms, there exist another types of Acro pests that may infest humans. In some of us they find great hosts and are very hard to get out of the system once they take root. As with many other pests, sometimes the only unwelcome cure is to do a full tank dismantling. Something tells me that I've had those buggers under my skin for a while now, how else can one explain ogling Acropora photos at night.

The next step in my SPS evolution is to try and focus more on more colourful strains of SPS and try to find optimal conditions for their growth and coloration. Exploring water parameters, nutrition, flow and lighting along the way. Hopefully other experts will pitch in and we can continue advancing this hobby.

A few of my prized Acropora:

Rainbow Loom
image.jpeg

Purple Leopard
image.jpeg

Red Planet
image.jpeg

OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still going at it. 8 months after my tank has been up and running I find out that my water flow schedule was all wrong!
Facepalm.

OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best layout for MP40s by far! Really happy with the new setup and wish I would have done it sooner.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colonies and videos. If things do well into next year the tanks going to be stunning and grown in very nice! I always wonder how a tank like this would look with halides over it though. I can’t say I enjoy many of the puck style led only tanks.
How much are you feeding? And what do you keep your nutrients at?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back