Treating Uronema

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry my explanation wasn't to the dot. I was referring to the white stuff. the red stuff are food pellets.... [emoji15]

it doesn't look like ordinary white poop to me, that's why I was asking, sorry again for the lousy explanation [emoji15] [emoji15]

I see what you're talking about now (was too distracted by the orange things :p.)

It doesn't look like poop, but rather a "film" that came off the fish's body or from inside the aquarium. Have you dosed any meds?

SoreninKL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you're talking about now (was too distracted by the orange things :p.)

It doesn't look like poop, but rather a "film" that came off the fish's body or from inside the aquarium. Have you dosed any meds?
the ick shield powder course was done on Saturday and I placed the fish in a fresh cleaned tank with a different hob and new, from display tank, bio media and dosed some paraguard (silver bullet).

what are the odds on cyanide poisoning? this is a wild caught maroon from Indonesia.....

thanks and sorry again [emoji4]

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the ick shield powder course was done on Saturday and I placed the fish in a fresh cleaned tank with a different hob and new, from display tank, bio media and dosed some paraguard (silver bullet).

what are the odds on cyanide poisoning? this is a wild caught maroon from Indonesia.....

thanks and sorry again [emoji4]

Ahhh CP, that explains things. It is a strong algaecide, so any algae that grows in the tank will turn into a white film and also detach from the glass, seams, etc.

Clownfish are easily caught in the wild, so I doubt cyanide would be used unless he was near another fish and just scooped up as "collateral damage".

SoreninKL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh CP, that explains things. It is a strong algaecide, so any algae that grows in the tank will turn into a white film and also detach from the glass, seams, etc.

Clownfish are easily caught in the wild, so I doubt cyanide would be used unless he was near another fish and just scooped up as "collateral damage".
thanks![emoji4]

SoreninKL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any thoughts by this pic?
thanks
6357c06e0822dda7f9ab8c188d15386a.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back