Treating with hydrogen peroxide and charcoal

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to fight dinos, if peroxide is chosen as the battle implement, is in the clean condition as a growback preventer.

currently people add it to the full mass condition, consider the deep clean first = less target mass to deal with
I don’t think I follow what you’re saying. What is the mass condition, and what is a deep clean?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning in two hours time, any reef blanketed by dinos can be siphoned up clean. No visual dinos, low mass condition.

a bunch of gallons exchanged as spot siphon removal of targets, identity doesn’t matter for the target.

then we dose peroxide and see if it keeps them at bay vs has to kill a bunch of collective organisms arranged as an insulating scum protection layer. The added peroxide literally has fewer cells to burn, they have fewer colonial protections in place. The high mass condition is everyones dinos invasion pic...totally blanketed. That presentation is resistant to treatment, like a phalanx from the movie 300

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning in two hours time, any reef blanketed by dinos can be siphoned up clean. No visual dinos, low mass condition.

a bunch of gallons exchanged as spot siphon removal of targets, identity doesn’t matter for the target.

then we dose peroxide and see if it keeps them at bay vs has to kill a bunch of collective organisms arranged as an insulating scum protection layer. The added peroxide literally has fewer cells to burn, they have fewer colonial protections in place. The high mass condition is everyones dinos invasion pic...totally blanketed. That presentation is resistant to treatment, like a phalanx from the movie 300
Ah, I see. I have a relatively low mass, and it’s still having no effect, unfortunately. Maybe I just haven’t given it enough time. It’s been 3 nights.

Also, wouldn’t siphoning them out be a bit of an issue because you’d have to replace that water, fueling the fire?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never believed that link. We have a few dinos cures logged here, solely by rip cleaning:

and even the rolls of tanks not dinos our rip cleans didn’t cause them. This at least shows some data to the contrary, quite a bit of work and patterns are there. Every post in the thread is running the same set of fix moves. Not saying it’s ideal for all situations, but it’s nonetheless a massive set of patterns in outcome data motivations aside

to rip clean then hit with peroxide, powerful. That’s taking every target cell away by force, working from the bottom up, nothing is as thorough. Then they have to try and regrow mass while being blasted by peroxide from just a few cells

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the age of your aquarium, and the fact that even a pair of Oscellaris Clownfish eventually get too large for a 13g (and produce a lot of waste), if you do go this route start with a small, young pair and be prepared to rehome in 2-3 years.

FTS.JPG

This was my pair. I rehomed the B/W female when she got to around 4+".

I treat a tank with Clownfish as I would one with Goldfish, meaning a regular and effective cleaning schedule. I put mine in after a few years.
The recordea are awesome! I have been working on a collection and am wondering about blue or other colors. Shades of the common green and orange are all I can see in person at an LFS. Are blue worth it? It seems like they might have no real color under the blue lights. What are other colors, like pink, that you think are worth getting? I have a 13 gallon tank, so I really want to be picky since I don't have much room (like you, obviously!)

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The recordea are awesome! I have been working on a collection and am wondering about blue or other colors. Shades of the common green and orange are all I can see in person at an LFS. Are blue worth it? It seems like they might have no real color under the blue lights. What are other colors, like pink, that you think are worth getting? I have a 13 gallon tank, so I really want to be picky since I don't have much room (like you, obviously!)

Have your LFS light the Ric with the color that you are interested in under similar light that you have to see how it looks.

The Rics I've had difficulty with are the true yellow R. florida (based on threads this seems to be rather common). Pink R. yumas can be challenging, too, as well as mighty expensive. Larger R. Yuma with a string (or multiple strings) of larger usually lighter colored 'bubbles' stretching from mouth to the outer rim are a no-go for me (two attempts with these so far, both detached and wasted away over a few months time...I suspect that I have too much light and/or flow for this type).

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have your LFS light the Ric with the color that you are interested in under similar light that you have to see how it looks.

The Rics I've had difficulty with are the true yellow R. florida (based on threads this seems to be rather common). Pink R. yumas can be challenging, too, as well as mighty expensive. Larger R. Yuma with a string (or multiple strings) of larger usually lighter colored 'bubbles' stretching from mouth to the outer rim are a no-go for me (two attempts with these so far, both detached and wasted away over a few months time...I suspect that I have too much light and/or flow for this type).
Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back