Tricinctus clowns

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool! I got in a mated pair of fiji blue stripe (a tricinctus) clowns today. I haven't seen these in a long time. They're really nice and chiling out in my rbta. I'll try to get some side pics of them if I can find my clear container, since their bodies don't look nearly as dark as the pics. ;]

PA090023.jpg

PA090019.jpg

PA090010.jpg

PA090008.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very hard, I haven't seen them in at least a year. I was told they won't be coming in again any time soon because the freight cost from Fiji was so high.

I'm planning to sell them after at least a month to ensure they don't have brookynella or other problems. Both pairs are approx 3" and 2.75" or a little bigger. I don't have my tape measure handy.

They are pretty curious/social compared to my other clowns. I have some little blk/wht saddlebacks that always burrow into their anemones when they see me coming and I've had them for over a month now. lol They look so cute in their bta forest tho.

If I have time I'll try to get some side pics tonight.

Have a nice day all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more pics

Well the clownfish pros on RC say they are a chrysopterus. I'll update in a month, hopefully they'll stay healthy.

PA100037.jpg

PA100038-1.jpg

PA100041-1.jpg

PA100043-1.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowning around........

Two pairs actually. lol I figured I might as well take the plunge, that and my guy was saying he wasn't going to order them again. So.... I don't mind holding them for a month or so, I do that with most of the clowns I sell anyway. The female doesn't want to share her anem with the male, but I'm sure she'll come around. Its kinda like an arranged marriage, given time she'll learn to love him. hehe

I need to get pics of my little blk/wht true sebeas. They have an uncommon yellow tail stripe morph. Kinda like these, but not as much yellow.

rareclownsmac.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to hold them for a few weeks at least before offering them for sale, that way whoever gets them can be assured of their health. Also, I can't find these guys anywhere online so I'm not sure what the going rate is on them. I'll probably just put the first pair on auction at the end of Oct or so. That's what I usually do when I have a hard time setting a price. lol

I'll keep you updated tho and if you'd like for me to tentatively hold a pair for you I'm sure we can work something out. ;]

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just to be clear we're still talking about the chrysopterus right?
Cause the last ones pictured I gave to a local breeder, lucky guy. Maybe one day I'll get babies.....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back