Trident “No Water Sample” FIXED!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ELL23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ELL23

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
324
Reaction score
116
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I just got my new Trident. I performed the recommended Trident initial setup procedure. And then after it performs the initialization process I got the message “No water sample”.

I then went to Trident website for troubleshooting. I followed the recommended course of actions until I tried everything to the end but no luck.

So I decided to try fixing it myself by opening the Trident. I noticed that the sample water line was kinked being attached to the white circular connector. See attached picture.

To avoid getting kinked again I decided to let it loose and not attached to the connector.

Luckily after reassembling back and reset Trident, to my excitement that error was gone and everything now works as it should.

927F5F39-C699-4473-BA6D-100B62D1A7E0.jpeg 07E12135-0543-4A6F-AC53-628D4AAAD8FD.jpeg
 
Those white blocks are solenoids that open and close the lines so that the trident takes the proper samples of tank water and reagents. If the line you have loose in the second picture is the sample line you run a great chance of back flushing the reagents into your tank, poisoning your reef.
 
Those white blocks are solenoids that open and close the lines so that the trident takes the proper samples of tank water and reagents. If the line you have loose in the second picture is the sample line you run a great chance of back flushing the reagents into your tank, poisoning your reef.
Appreciate the info. I have reattached the line to the connector and it works great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new