Trident Controlled Dosing Question

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if only reagent C empty, will Trident still test Alk or Calcium?
Will DOS continue to work and communicate with Trident if I only dose Alk?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if only reagent C empty, will Trident still test Alk or Calcium?
Will DOS continue to work and communicate with Trident if I only dose Alk?
If c empty will only test alk and yes dos will still work but will default to pre set value

reefin_with_the_fam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly dont know as I ran a task for Trident controlled dosing. I input what I want to keep my parameters at and how much ALK and Cal I dose a day. It programs the rest for you. You can go in the DOS layout and click on the already program intervals and it tells you how often it doses and how much. From there you can set the times.

Again, I am new to the DOS and I could be overlooking an easier step. It is honestly very easy to do and so far my levels are on point.

I set my ALK to 8 on Tuesday and it has been very close ever since. Ex - 12pm test today was 7.90, 6pm test was 7.94.
Just stumbled across this thread and was wondering how you liked the Trident controlled dosing and if you ever made any changes.
Just bought into the Apex/Trident/DOS system and wondering if it needed any tweaking

blatherdrift

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use controlled dosing. Before using it, you'll have to figure out what your tank needs to dose daily. It won't find that for you and the intelligence behind it is not very complex. It adjusts dosing based on the last reading only. it works well to keep fluctuations even smaller but its not some fully automated dosing solution. You have to keep an eye on it and adjust amounts as needed occasionally.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use controlled dosing. Before using it, you'll have to figure out what your tank needs to dose daily. It won't find that for you and the intelligence behind it is not very complex. It adjusts dosing based on the last reading only. it works well to keep fluctuations even smaller but its not some fully automated dosing solution. You have to keep an eye on it and adjust amounts as needed occasionally.

You can get really tight numbers if running the 24 tests. The trident will test every hour and the DOS will dose accordingly. However, this will blow through your reagents. I run the 4 tests and my DOS is stable and I am very happy with it. I average a .20 difference throughout the day

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back