Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, it’s prob been a long time since you guys set your apexes and tridents up but how long do you think it took you
To install everything?
Initially set up is probably less than 30 minutes and a few days later another 30 minutes for calibration (you don’t have to sit and wait but a few steps and wait most of the time)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident been so reliable past almost year. And now this what the heck. From last night midnight test to this morning noon test 12 hours later a 240 point drop in my mag. Regents at 65% for a,b,c so it’s not that. Just ordered a rainbow splice yesterday and now this. So is my mag 1500 like it’s been for months or is it 1250 and trident been wrong for months. I don’t have a test kit to check it but obviously something wrong with trident. First thing I will do is run a combined test on trident and see where it’s at now 8 hours after the 1250 reading.
5A3DBBCE-6492-4303-9B3A-E94CF033DFFB.png
7314914B-A003-4AA5-8324-1688D59CBBAB.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just performed 2 manual combined test in a row and now it’s back to normal. Strange maybe or sucked something up. Hope it spit it out and don’t cause more issues.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So just performed 2 manual combined test in a row and now it’s back to normal. Strange maybe or sucked something up. Hope it spit it out and don’t cause more issues.
This has happened to me twice. My behavior was showing huge swings in mag and cal every test. Both times resetting the trident fixed this. I believe it’s caused by something in the sample line (air or solid) the reset causes this to be dumped and refilled.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great so Tuesday I had the issue with calcium in the above post 1,122. It corrected itself when I ran 2 manual combined tests in a row. Then next day now I’m having alk swing issues that I never had. For like 2 months I e had no more then .1 alk swing and was very stable. Then Wednesday the day after my calcium issue now this alk issue has started. Over night now my swing went from .1 to .3 from test to test. But when I get this huge drop I can run a test right after the test finished and it goes back up .3 to where it’s supposta be. Then next test it’s back down .3 and I right away do an alk test and it test back up where it’s supposta be. First pic shows alk when it dropped and then starts to swing more then it did for past month. Second pic shows the calcium when it went way up for no reason then with alk in same graph the day after that acting up. I end up replacing my regent A even tho it was more then half full thinking it was bad batch of regents but same thing happens after new regent.
164E78BB-7045-4325-A5CA-D9ED427F6E07.png
164E78BB-7045-4325-A5CA-D9ED427F6E07.png
AD0460E4-07FE-47EF-8F32-FCD6EC1D8DAE.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea I forgot to post the main reason why this upsets me. Because every time it does a test it has to do the test 2x due to the fact that it swings so far. So double the time and double the regents being used

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh yea I forgot to post the main reason why this upsets me. Because every time it does a test it has to do the test 2x due to the fact that it swings so far. So double the time and double the regents being used
This sounds exactly like pulling air. Mine has done this where it creates a huge swing in the readings, I just do a trident reset and let it run the next test on schedule. Are you using the cones in the top of the reagents? Just seems like your sample or your reagent lines have air in them.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds exactly like pulling air. Mine has done this where it creates a huge swing in the readings, I just do a trident reset and let it run the next test on schedule. Are you using the cones in the top of the reagents? Just seems like your sample or your reagent lines have air in them.
Yes I am using the cones. Just strange I’ve had no issues. Then one day calcium goes crazy so I do manual tests and it corrects it’s self then next day start only having alk issues and calcium is fine

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was air in line where could it be coming from ? Loose hose is all I can think of. And if that was the case wouldn’t it always test wrong instead of every other time ?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get home from work today I will pull front panel and inspect glass vial. But again if I had issue with glass vial would that also effect calcium and mag readings ?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I get home from work today I will pull front panel and inspect glass vial. But again if I had issue with glass vial would that also effect calcium and mag readings ?
Could be air in the sample line, or a clogged sample line. Not necessarily, a lose hose could be erratic. Sometimes it pulls air, sometimes it doesn’t. Try priming your sample line

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be air in the sample line, or a clogged sample line. Not necessarily, a lose hose could be erratic. Sometimes it pulls air, sometimes it doesn’t. Try priming your sample line
I did try to prime sample many times also primed regent a couple times and same thing. 6 am tests at 7.45 dkh 12 noon tests 7.11 then I run manual test at 1240 literally right after I just got 7.11 and it test at 7.44. All the while my Hanna tests at 7.5 pretty much 24/7

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But again if sample line is the issue wouldn’t I also have cal and mag testing issues

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention that couple days ago when this first started to happen first day was cal way high then next day was getting regent a error then after few tries then this started to happen with alk yet cal and mag are fine

Kevin Finocchiaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Trident / Apex full system - since it checks for alk, cal and mag, and the system comes with 1 dos to dose regent A & B, then should i order a second dos pump for regent C ?

2) The magnetic probe rack holder has space for 4 probes. Do i need to order two probe racks to test/monitor for alk, cal, mag, ph, and salinity or other monitoring ?

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1) Trident / Apex full system - since it checks for alk, cal and mag, and the system comes with 1 dos to dose regent A & B, then should i order a second dos pump for regent C ?

2) The magnetic probe rack holder has space for 4 probes. Do i need to order two probe racks to test/monitor for alk, cal, mag, ph, and salinity or other monitoring ?
The Trident will ONLY test for alk calc and mag. If you get one DOS you can have the trident control dose any of the three parameters it tests. A second DOS is needed if you want it to control all three parameters. No need to have a magnetic probe holder for the trident as it does not use probes. But you can have iot for pH, ORP and salinity based on what you think is worth it.

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mag dropped by 125 points in 12 hours!! Kh qnd calcium acting up too

Attachments

• B4EE158E-96DA-4F73-A4B0-81F9B39AB3C4.png
    B4EE158E-96DA-4F73-A4B0-81F9B39AB3C4.png
    315.8 KB · Views: 34

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mag dropped by 125 points in 12 hours!! Kh qnd calcium acting up too
Check your regents and or check supply line for debris. Sometime when this happens I run manual test combined few times and it works it’s way out assuming regents are not low

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, make sure your water feed line isn't obstructed with algae and debris.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back