Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just walk on over to the alkatronic thread where people are already successfully using the alkatronic to monitor and control their dkh as well as control/adjust their dosing pumps/calcium rx through apex : )

You'll get a thoughtful reply within 48hrs from the designer himself.

This stable enough for ya?

17c7da3f9bb879c9605c76c8f7daf261.jpg

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@BigJohnny i'm with you man but most folks i think in this trident thread are only interested in hearing about the trident and perhaps holding out hope for similar results across three parameters. we shall see as the shoes are big.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys let's keep this on topic, this is supposed to be about the triton and not about any other alk monitor out right now. I can certainly guarantee that @Terence And the crew at Neptune are working diligently on this and don't want to release it until its ready. Remember this will monitor all 3 of the main parameters, not just one.

I for one am curious as to how they will test for calcium as most test that are accurate are pretty complex. I'm excited to see how this piece of equipment will play out.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can almost surely guarantee that if Neptune were to release the Trident too early and bugs materialize, the same folks bashing them for not releasing it soon enough would be complaining because they released it too soon!
Everyone here wants to get their hands on it. All we can do is wait.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone eagerly awaiting, let’s hope we’re not in for a 2+ year wait like what happened with the FMM and the COR.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that products should be tested well before being released. The issue the time between product announcement and product availability is too long and people are annoyed, especially if they are waiting to purchase said product.

Don't announce a product until it is closer to being fully tested and released.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that products should be tested well before being released. The issue the time between product announcement and product availability is too long and people are annoyed, especially if they are waiting to purchase said product.

Don't announce a product until it is closer to being fully tested and released.

Whether we like it or not, this seems to be quite a shrewd strategic marketing strategy. There was most likely a big spike in 2016 New Apex sales after the Trident announcement at MACNA. My only evidence for this is the glut of Apex Classics popping up on the used market in all of the reefing forums after the announcement.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All valid points but Terrance had said first quarter for insiders, second quarter to the public. ok, things get delayed, it happens.

But what is annoying is just being left completely in the dark. My gut tells me there are some serious issues if they have been this silent.

Those are great numbers from the alkatronic!

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is also possible, (not likely, but possible) that they are going to announce any day, and ship quickly. COR was 'known about' for a very long time, but once preorders started, it only took a few weeks for initial shipments. Just because they haven't stated anything concrete doesn't mean that they don't have concrete dates. Many other companies does this at some point or another (Apple right now with their charging pad, for example).

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple also does preorders with a typically well defined shipping date. I’ve seen a few NSI folks say they haven’t heard a peep either.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were rumors on another thread of the New Apex head units being available separately from the entire package for sale in early April, so maybe this means the Trident is imminent... ?

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been for sale separately on this side of the world for a while. Don’t know why, though, it’s different stateside

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been for sale separately on this side of the world for a while. Don’t know why, though, it’s different stateside

I think that’s the case because the EB832 wasn’t available in the 220v standard yet. I’m not sure if that has changed recently but I know that was the case when the New Apex was first released.

Another interesting twist, all references to the aforementioned rumors have since disappeared...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-head-unit-only.370108/

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy about the base becoming available[emoji1477][emoji1477]
Not to happy about the trident news but will wait for it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back