Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm so basically you are saying it would be best to get the DOS if you want to allow the trident to correct alk swings ?
It seems to me he might be saying since the DOS actively monitors dosage quantities in ml measure, it would be one thing to adapt the programming to automate adjustments based on Trident values. With another pump that does not store a calibration value in the Apex (GHL, BRS...), the programming would be somewhat unreliable and untrustworthy due to the dosage quantities being unknown.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any updates from the reefapalozza show? I heard some mods were being done to the triton and would be shown at this show?

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This ole thing??
Im certain you will see several video reports shortly from guys like Richard at Affishionado and Jake from Reefbuilders
IMG_6850.JPG

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 months for the beta testers will come out before December but in really short supply. They told me at reefpalooza that it will be tough to get any time before December because of the short supply

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point we are still working through the feature set. That said, any more complex feedback based automation of dosing will likely be tied to using the DOS as this is a super accurate device and a known and controllable entity. Doesn’t mean that the door would t be open for people to program their own dosing algorithm on their own off/on devices based on the values coming from the Trident, but those methods likely will not be as robust since they will be more loosely integrated.

Hi Terence,

Could you confirm that the Trident will ship as a solution, ready integrated with the DOS and 2016 head unit to automatically correct kH, Ca & Mg?

Thanks

Rob

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 months for the beta testers will come out before December but in really short supply. They told me at reefpalooza that it will be tough to get any time before December because of the short supply

I hate it when I'm right. :)

This is also presuming that the NSI testing doesn't pull up something major that Neptune decide needs to be addressed prior to general release. I'd hope they will err on the side of caution with this one. It needs to be right!

thehammer1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. Even automakers don't **** us like that. I have been in the hobby for nine years and owned 2 apex classics. Ghl or raspberry open source here I come. Stabbed in the back too many times by this company

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so angry. Well not really.

I have two Nest thermostats I bought four years ago. The one in the back of my house is always reads wrong because it is in the hallway and not the back bedroom. Now Nest is coming out with new $40 remote temp sensors. Awesome, I thought. Oh, wait, they require the 3rd generation Nest thermostat ($300) to operate. I have a gen-1 or gen-2. Those thieves. They are simply doing this to soak us for money. Or not.

Guess what I am going to do?

Absolutely nothing. For now. Maybe when it comes out or when something else compelling comes out I will pony up and make the switch. I love my other Nest products and technology moves forward. Which is what I want them to do as an innovative company. I get to decide at what pace I want to follow. My Nest thermostat still does what it promised to do when I bought it four years ago, and more. I can still access it in their cloud with all my other Nest products like the door lock I just bought and installed on Monday.

Just wanted to share this parallel experience I am going through.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have two Nest thermostats I bought four years ago. The one in the back of my house is always reads wrong because it is in the hallway and not the back bedroom. Now Nest is coming out with new $40 remote temp sensors. Awesome, I thought. Oh, wait, they require the 3rd generation Nest thermostat ($300) to operate. I have a gen-1 or gen-2. Those thieves. They are simply doing this to soak us for money. Or not.

Absolutely nothing. For now. Maybe when it comes out or when something else compelling comes out I will pony up and make the switch. I love my other Nest products and technology moves forward. Which is what I want them to do as an innovative company. I get to decide at what pace I want to follow. My Nest thermostat still does what it promised to do when I bought it four years ago, and more. I can still access it in their cloud with all my other Nest products like the door lock I just bought and installed on Monday.

Hi Terence,

Could you confirm that the Trident will ship as a solution, ready integrated with the DOS and 2016 head unit to automatically correct kH, Ca & Mg?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Terence,

Whilst you are online, would you mind clarifying in response to my question quoted above please?

Thanks

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Terence,

Thanks

Rob

This integration is a planned feature - with appropriate safeguards of course.

At this point we do not see any bundling at the point of sale if that was also implied in your question.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This integration is a planned feature - with appropriate safeguards of course.

At this point we do not see any bundling at the point of sale if that was also implied in your question.

Thanks Terence, I was just confirming the functionality as your last post on it suggested you were still working through the feature set, hence wanted to confirm this was a core feature that would be released.

Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Terence, I was just confirming the functionality as your last post on it suggested you were still working through the feature set, hence wanted to confirm this was a core feature that would be released.

Thanks for the reply

That is the plan. It is likely we will start with a limited feature set in this regard and improve and expand it over time.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the plan. It is likely we will start with a limited feature set in this regard and improve and expand it over time.

I understand. Whilst understandable, for many (myself included), what makes the system very attractive would be the automatic dosing (ignoring any 3rd party integration).

If released as a monitoring only system, with an unknown release and requirements for DOS dosing, then it would make it far less of an attractive offering.

I appreciate you may be limited in what you can commit to by the testing stages etc. Please don't fall into the mindstream trap. :)

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes true sort of but some times you can't add things due to software and chip sets so it's time to Upgrade, can't wait for Triton to come out

James Kanouff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence is a very smart guy and its nice to see him answer folks questions on here. This is a big company we are talking about with a TON of money in this thing. This "automated" "hobbyist level" testing of the "big three" is totally new to the hobby. Of course there excited to announce its coming, and they want to get it to us asap, and once its ready it will be available. Anyone who has talked with Terrence directly knows he is a engineer type personality. And he also has to be a people person. Two totally different aspects of hunan personality. He does one better than the other as many of us know but he will make sure the product is as good as possible, as fast as possible, and as soon as possible. Thats a tall order. I will honestly be buying a competitor till its ready at this point. I still want it, but I need something in the mean time to manage my ALK for me to keep me at the level I want to be in this hobby right now. We all have choices. I'm still excited for the product. I believe it will be better than any option I currently have. I have no idea when it will be ready or available for me to buy. Till then I'll follow along, I'll post how I feel about my current APEX stuff, "I love it all", and we will all have a shot at it when they have it. They could always just say we don't know to all these questions and leave us all hanging. Be grateful were getting some actual info about an actual product.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would love to see the feedback and comments when released.

Im excited about unit, not so much the pricing, but it is the cost of technology. As for beta testing, I would definetly be up to testing and feedback

Robert Scott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree with James Kanouff. Having launched many products in the automotive industry, cycles of learning are important. If they are yet to get the product in the hands of their insiders for validation we are probably awhile from consumer product. We should be patient and let them work the bugs out. The last thing we need is a product full of customer problems, and this initiative has many avenues for issues. I am one who will be first in line for purchase, if it's right. From my perspective I am really interested in the Alk testing. Calcium and Magnesium are important, but far less volatile and critical to coral short term health. I would have been just fine with an Alk only system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back