Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Indeed reefbot is a whole different approach to similar ends. Was interesting to see it in action at RAP

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checked out the reefbot. terrific idea really!! Especially since it takes a robot to sense when to stop titrating the new red sea alk reagent. lol

"the color will turn a pinkish, orangish, kind of red color"... exact words from RS tech support. ummmm.. thanks?

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checked out the reefbot. terrific idea really!! Especially since it takes a robot to sense when to stop titrating the new red sea alk reagent. lol

"the color will turn a pinkish, orangish, kind of red color"... exact words from RS tech support. ummmm.. thanks?

LOL, I actually know exactly what you mean. I take two readings: One when it changes from Blue and one when it changes to Orange lol.

I usually use the change from Blue as the indicator, but always continue just to make sure. This makes the range between 0.2-0.5dkH.

The problem is that the user is going to have to set the thresholds etc. This is re-introducing the human error factor for me. They would be far better to run with specific test solutions and fully calibrate to those, which is what I believe the Neptune system is doing with the optical detection (like a Hanna Tester).

This makes far more sense to me than a pH probe which is arguably more prone to interference, variance and calibration loss.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it has been really quiet lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back